Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Lowering a 951 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 07:23 PM
DirkSx1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lowering a 951 turbo

I have a 1989 951 turbo that I occasionally do track days and auto-crosses with. I was thinking of lowering the car. The car is however primarily used for touring so do not want to go to aggressive. I have a Lindsey adjustable rear stabilizer bar, bushings have all be replaced with poly. Running 18 inch rims with Dunlop Direzza ZII. The rest of the suspension is stock with Koni Coil over set up.

Does one have any experience doing this on their car? What would you recommend in term of drop and are there any negatives to doing this. I have read that the front A arms can be unduly stressed as a result of lowering.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:46 PM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've also heard the a-arm stress, particularly on the ball joint, is an issue. More so on the track. The problem with it on a stock a-arm is that the pin becomes too short to reach the knuckle to keep the a-arm square to the car after lowering.

I am also planning to lower my car. I ended up going with the RE arms with geometry correcting pins. I also like the steel construction over the stock aluminum, but that's just me.

Quick Reply: Lowering a 951 turbo