Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Ignition help

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 10:02 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Danno,
Thanks for your input, I was looking forward to it. I like the price of the magnacor wires so I might just pick a set of them up.

I just wanted to get things in better condition (to me at least) before I bought your chips. (Within the next week or two, if my rim sale goes good.)

BTW, anyone know where I can purchase the Bosch cap and rotor online at? My local auto-zone don't have the bosch part? odd huh.

Thanks again guys.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:01 AM
86944turbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Follow Tony's and Danno's advice. Stock is excellent. Nology does not produce enough extra h/p to carry the weight of the wires. Most of Milledge's customers have replaced dist. w/aftermarket, SDS units. No h/p gain, but they look cool. Dang, those Beru wires do not want to leave the dist. once installed. Even on the plug, it takes effort to secure. Plugs are different. But, I would stay w/Bosch. Don't recall ever gapping 'em either. Was told factory setting fine. Weird, but no problems. You may want to consider, using some heat resistent silicone and run a small bead around the base of the cap. The caps move. To bad these motors leave no room for coils over plugs.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:55 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey 86,
Thanks for the input. I allready purchased the magnacor wires and NGK plugs. I'm still trying to find a decent price on the cap and rotor thou.

I beleive .28 is the stock gap, at least thats what the auto stores book says.

Quick Reply: Ignition help