Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Home is where the lift is ;-)

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 06:23 PM
Chuck Henry
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Home is where the lift is ;-)

Moved to a new house a few weeks ago and the garage was so stuffed I couldn't get a car in it. Been working hard as things have finally warmed up around here and got most the stuff shoved to one side so I could get lights hung and the lift in. It's amazing how much more space the 8' door gives me.

Worked until late last night and it's finally feeling like home. As my wife said, "The garage is like your kitchen, and I couldn't function till the kitchen was right."

Anyway, I figured you guys would understand. Now to actually have time to work on it again!

Old 03-10-2015, 06:37 PM
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 409 Posts

Beautiful, I must get one too.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:24 PM
blade7
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

What's in all those tool boxes ?
Old 03-10-2015, 07:41 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

What lift is it? Is it as great as I've always imagined having that in the garage?? Is the garage ceiling extra high or just a normal garage?
Old 03-11-2015, 09:01 AM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Received 65 Likes on 37 Posts

Looks like a MaxJack, I have thought about one of these because you can move them out of the way when they are not in use.

http://www.maxjaxusa.com/

Old 03-11-2015, 10:00 AM
Chuck Henry
Racer

Yep, it's a MaxJax and yes it's as good as you imagined. My wife commented that the first time I used mine I had a look on my face frighteningly similar to when I'm about to get some action. ;-)

It only lifts it 4' as a maximum, but it works great in small garages. I honestly usually use it much lower and use a creeper. Even 2' up is really a luxury if you are used to jack stands, and you can raise and lower it so easy. It's awesome for things like trannys. You just get it loose, and lift the car off! Certainly my favorite tool as someone who wrenches. If you aren't as much of a wrencher but would like a lift for basic stuff. I think the scissor lifts are really nice and make walking around the car easy. Great for wheel/brake/suspension work and also make it nice for detailing. 4-posts are the best solution for storage... they all have their strengths. The open working area underneath and ability to just move it out of the way (I only move the one) make it best for me.

On the 951 front, I just notification from LR my M-tune has shipped! Can't wait to dig into that!
Old 03-11-2015, 10:07 AM
Chuck Henry
Racer

I looked back and found this photo from when I was fixing my neighbors old Vette. (Broke my heart seeing it sit for years and years under boxes!) This is a very average size garage with a standard door and as you can see with the door open you can't lift it very high. With the door closed I could lift most cars all the way up, but SUV's only about 2' which was enough for basic work.

New garage has 8' doors and that makes a huge difference.

Quick Reply: Home is where the lift is ;-)