Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Tire Rack

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 11:40 AM
PEvans
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Tire Rack

When someone does it right you have to give credit. It is so rare, unfortunately.

My car is in the shop with a tear in the inner sidewall of one tire. I call Tire Rack mid-day Wednesday, the replacement tires are delivered to the shop by noon Thursday, and my car is ready to go a few hours later. Tire Rack knows what I bought last time and where to send the tires.

It must be rocket science. Compare that to Comcast. I want to replace my modem, which they will have to register to the account and activate on their network. I have done this probably six times over the years. I call up with the modem's model and MAC address, go through phone menu hell authenticating myself by name, SSN (why do they need my SSN?), phone number and address again and again each stop along the way, finally reach India, authenticate again, get cut off (how does that happen??), call back and go through the menu and authentication hell again, they can't provision the modem because it is already partially provisioned, they escalate and will call back, they don't call back so I call back, go through the hell again, they still can't provision the modem so they send me to the local service center (why?), I go to the local service center and he wants to know why I am there, but he does give me a different phone number, I call back, this number has the same menu and authentication hell, I reach India again, they say the modem was provisioned incorrectly, but after a long call finally get it working.

It took Comcast longer (and required more of my effort) to enter six pairs of characters into a computer than it took Tire Rack to execute an order and physically deliver heavy items to a tiny shop in a small town 1,000 miles away, and Tire Rack got it right the first time.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:05 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Comcast management needs to see this. Comcast (you) is paying for al that extra call center time. Then again, maybe that's why the remote call center does it...
Old 02-21-2015, 03:22 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 266 Likes on 153 Posts

Comcast sux
Old 02-24-2015, 10:30 PM
StuckIn86
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TIRE RACK ALL THE WAY!

Quick Reply: Tire Rack