Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Scott's 944S2 3.0L Turbo Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 12:31 AM
Pfc. Parts
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scott's 944S2 3.0L Turbo Build Thread

Today was the first day of my 3.0L build project. I'm basing my build on a 1989 S2, I don't have great pictures of it yet (camera still not working) but I've attached a picture of it I took for the insurance people in my garage in WY.

It's in CA now up on the rack, I just finished removing the exhaust today prior to installing a new Spec Stage 3+ clutch and semi-solid engine/transmission mounts. After that's done I'm re-building the brakes, installing SS lines, then I'll begin work on the suspension.

I plan on tracking the car for awhile as a N/A engine to get a feel for it before I really tear into the engine. I haven't yet decided to really use the 3.0L motor in this car for the build, if I stumble on a nice short block I may just build a second motor for it. Will see what fate brings my way...

Thanks to all who helped me compile the list of 3.0L build threads I'll be using as a reference for this project and keep those cards and letters coming my way. If you have a build thread I haven't mentioned, let me know by posting on "Building a 3.0L turbo motor" at:

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...l#post11939790

Thanks,
Attached Images  

Last edited by Pfc. Parts; 01-27-2015 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Corrected Title
Old 11-14-2022, 11:23 AM
TheStock
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Scott,

The system won’t let me PM you for some reason.

I appreciate all the work you put into collecting all the various 3.0L Turbo build threads.
https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...l#post11939790

I’m starting a 3.0L turbo build and it’s really nice to have all that reference material in one place.

Did you ever do your build? I see this one single post saying it’s the start but nothing after that.

I still need to read through all those threads you collected.
There’s a post you mentioned how difficult searching the forums can be and you typically used Google isolated for Rennlist. Same here and that hasn’t changed.

Quick Reply: Scott's 944S2 3.0L Turbo Build Thread