Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

new to Porsche and 944 Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 09:48 PM
Brian McCoy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm coming up on the year mark and put about 9k miles on the car in that time. My mainenance totals out at less than $600, with $400 of that in the shop just last week for wheel bearings ~ I probably should have done them myself for 1/4th the cost but had other things that needed my attention. If I kept this pace up, in 2 more years I know I'd be doing $1000 in belts/rollers/etc. but hopefully my car will be gone long before that (especially since I can't take it with me to Alaska ~ heh).

And getting hooked on modding isn't something everyone does ~ I almost got into it but then wondered why I'd want to waste all the money when I can just invest thousands less and make the car faster by doing a random DE every now and again. Anyone can hold the gas in a straight line, it's the corners that demand skill.....
Old 08-26-2003, 12:56 AM
sschmerg
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm selling a clean 86 951. Every record since new, it has guru chip set up. Runs well, white with red interior. Email me if intrested

bschmerg@gmu.edu
Old 08-26-2003, 02:29 AM
pig4bill
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by JDM3
Just thought of something.....what would you guys think the annual maintenance costs would talley on a 944 Turbo? Thanks again for the welcome!
The main difference is that most things are designed to be somewhat easy to repair or replace on a BMW and parts are reasonable (especially on a 3 series) whereas with Porsche, most things are a pain in the *** to repair or replace (more $$$ for labor) and parts cost is high.

Quick Reply: new to Porsche and 944 Turbo?