CheeseHead bolt stripped...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 10:01 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by fiily
I agree, wife doesn't but it's my toy.

Going to pull the head tomorrow getting late in the day and i am going to watch Thursday night football. I'll have the whole weekend to pull the intake and replace the old vacuum lines while i'm there, remove the reference sensor, pop in a new one, and try to remove the AOS or
should I say PITA and clean p the car a little more by scrubbing with some toothbrushes.
OK we are expecting some real results, with those toothbrushes
That's what I used
Attached Images  
Old 11-13-2014, 10:26 PM
fiily
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
OK we are expecting some real results, with those toothbrushes
That's what I used
No fair, it looks like your engine is out, I see a carpet on the floor! Are you doing this in your living room?

I have pics too.

But seriously, do you have a compulsion for cleaning?

Last edited by fiily; 12-23-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:54 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

No fair, it looks like your engine is out, I see a carpet on the floor! Are you doing this in your living room?:
LOL
No, I wish I took it out, right from the beginning, when I started all this work. When I bought this house, I bought it as is. The previous, cheap, lazy *** owners, took what was then the garage and made it into a family room, and then turned the asphalt driveway, into a garage..... I was left with few options, with a crappy ***, asphalt garage floor. So I carpeted the garage (It's also sloped like a driveway so pouring cement would be putting good money after bad ...) The whole garage would have to be re-built, and then a new floor poured ... I have been in this house 20 yrs .. never expected to be in more than 3 ....
My friends have said I have Ed-Bola ...
Its very contagious
Below, is a shot of the engine in the car, to prove I am not $hitting ya
Regards
Ed
Attached Images  
Old 11-14-2014, 12:06 AM
fiily
Pro

LOL
No, I wish I took it out, right from the beginning, when I started all this work. When I bought this house, I bought it as is. The previous, cheap, lazy *** owners, took what was then the garage and made it into a family room, and then turned the asphalt driveway, into a garage..... I was left with few options, with a crappy ***, asphalt garage floor. So I carpeted the garage (It's also sloped like a driveway so pouring cement would be putting good money after bad ...) The whole garage would have to be re-built, and then a new floor poured ... I have been in this house 20 yrs .. never expected to be in more than 3 ....
My friends have said I have Ed-Bola ...
Its very contagious
Below, is a shot of the engine in the car, to prove I am not $hitting ya
Regards
Ed
Nice work, did you do all of the electroplating? I'm using purple power mixed 50/50 in a spray bottle to clean all of the crap the PO had on the engine bay, it's disgusting after years of neglect.

The wife says I am the only one going to appreciate the car's engine being so clean since no one is going to check. Just to know that there are no more leaks, and my cleaning will make the car hopefully run cooler and less of an embarrassment is worth it.

I'm jealous of your engine compartment, gonna need another 100 toothbrushes to catch up to you!
Old 11-14-2014, 12:39 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Nice work, did you do all of the electroplating? I'm using purple power mixed 50/50 in a spray bottle to clean all of the crap the PO had on the engine bay, it's disgusting after years of neglect.

The wife says I am the only one going to appreciate the car's engine being so clean since no one is going to check. Just to know that there are no more leaks, and my cleaning will make the car hopefully run cooler and less of an embarrassment is worth it.

I'm jealous of your engine compartment, gonna need another 100 toothbrushes to catch up to you!
I had a place out here, who does amazing work, do the plating .. I started with a few pieces, and then was addicted, like a crack addict !!
In the end, I basically plated the entire engine bay, minus the block and head
The list is endless ... Believe it or not the bottom of the car is very similar to the top
BTW I used a product they sell at Costco called Oil Eater, it works great ,...
And when it was really bad, like the rear diff I used gas and a tool brush ..
I know not the most environmental friendly but it works !!
Old 11-14-2014, 12:43 AM
fiily
Pro

I had a place out here, who does amazing work, do the plating .. I started with a few pieces, and then was addicted, like a crack addict !!
In the end, I basically plated the entire engine bay, minus the block and head
The list is endless ... Believe it or not the bottom of the car is very similar to the top
BTW I used a product they sell at Costco called Oil Eater, it works great ,...
And when it was really bad, like the rear diff I used gas and a tool brush ..
I know not the most environmental friendly but it works !!
Hence the screen name?
Old 11-14-2014, 12:49 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Hence the screen name?
Guilty as charged

Quick Reply: CheeseHead bolt stripped...HELP!