Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

anyone looked into this? Nitrous express N- Tercooler

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003 | 03:40 PM
bdellis
Rennlist Member

Default anyone looked into this? Nitrous express N- Tercooler

http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jht...D=465467&BQ=sc

Claims to boosts HP on supercharged or turbocharged cars where a conventional nitrous system is not an option!
Uses either nitrous or CO2 to dramatically reduce air inlet temperatures
More power for your supercharged or turbocharged car!
Dyno tests prove that a turbocharged Honda equipped with this unit increased its baseline by an astounding 52 HP! Just imagine what it will do for you! Easy bolt-on installation.

I would not be opossed to use with CO2? has anyone tried this? 350$ is not bad for what it claims, or even 1/4th of what it claims.....
Old 08-19-2003 | 08:58 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Yes, I saw that also on JC Whitney.

It is a NOS/CO2 intercooler sprayer. Not bad, but for that price you can get a water injection system that will provide more results. Or a CO2 injection. I would have to see the dyno of the Honda getting 50+ more hp from sprayer alone.

I have also now seen a NOS injection system. It is a standard NOS system, with a hose that connnects to a cone type filter that allows NOS to spray into intake. Much less complicated than standard NOS system which is on the fuel rail and/or direct port injection. Acts as a cold air/gas charge.

But if they offer 30 day money back, might be worth trying.
Old 08-19-2003 | 09:43 PM
bdellis
Rennlist Member

i really am not interested in the N02, but the water injection system and c02 sounds good. Where did you see the water injection? how exactly does that work? just cools the intake air more?
Old 08-19-2003 | 10:06 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Yes. You can do a search on water injection on the web or in here and find a ton of info. Best results are a water and alchahol/methanal mix. So you have the cooling charge and anti knock, to run more boost. Most systems allow anywhere from a 3-5 psi increase in boost, and still not run lean and/or get knock. Best bet is to run a dual stage system, so the first stage would inject before the intercooler at about 8-10 psi, thus acting as a cooler and intercooler sprayer sinultaneously, then a second stage at a higher boost level, 12-15+ psi, right before the throttle body. I have seen dynos of dual stage systems getting legitamate 60-75 hp at the wheels, due to cooler intake charge and ability to run 3-4 more psi, safely.

CO2 is good also, but I think much hard to set up and maintain a gas injection system then just a liquid system. Liquid is just a pump, some tubing and a nozzel, to put it in the most simplest terms. A gas injection system would require a lot more.
Old 08-20-2003 | 04:23 AM
86944turbo
Racer

Another option that is external if offered from DEI, Design Engineering, Inc. and they claimed; Best New Product @ SEMA 2002 for perfromance racing. One of the systems consist of a cryo tank full of carbon dioxide (Co2) and a spray bar for the intercooler (2 sizes of bars). They also mfg. a buld that fits into the air intake that circulates, but contains the Co2, as well as a fuel rail that does the same. When a product is awarded Best at SEMA, it is worth researching. Supposedly, the 5 ga. bottle is woth 30 sec. at full throttle using the largest of the spray bars. The beauty, seems to be, that all of this is external and most engine management systems should cope with the temp. drop automatically? Web site says product available Feb. 2003. I have not found this so. What I think I like abvout this is: 1) No No2 to lean the motor (even spray bar nitrous creeps in. 2) Carbon Dioxide is cheap. 3) I currently use distilled water w/spray bar on intercooler(alcohol/methanol will damage my stock paint). Co2 should not. Water/methanol and Nitrous injection require either a good data base or trial and error. On my motor neither is going to be available. Cold weather, however, seems to be adaptable. I'm still gonna do a lot more research before I invest. If I do, I'll probably start w/just one item w/runs on low boost and if successful move on very slowly.
Old 08-20-2003 | 12:39 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Sounds good, keep us posted.

In regards a cryo tank, then yes a intercooler sprayer would have some results as that would be spraying DAMN COLD.

We also had a thread that was discussing incorporating a sprayer or injector system that had cooled lines/pipes wrapping the intercooler pipes as well. This cryo CO2 system would be great for that. Have super chilled lines spraying intercooler and wrapped around IC pipes.

Quick Reply: anyone looked into this? Nitrous express N- Tercooler