Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Defrost recirc combo switch replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts
Default Defrost recirc combo switch replacement

I just replaced this switch on my climate control box, so thought I'd post a few details about replacing it. The part number is 94465392100 despite what PET might suggest. You have to unsolder the switch from the board it's mounted in -- all 10 pins. I used a "solder sucker" and used braided wire to wick up solder. Still took me an hour -- quite a pain -- working in tight confines to get to each pad. I used a pencil style soldering iron and lots of patience. Once out, you have to clean up the mounting holes to get the new switch in. I used a tiny eye-glass repair screwdriver for that. You also need to clip the leads on the new switch or else one of the leads will hit other parts when you install it. See picture below for the approximate length to use.

The clear plastic face plate on the control box is trapped in place by this switch and the A/C switch, so I thought I might have to remove the A/C switch to make enough room for the combo switch to come out, but luckily I was able to bend up the clear faceplate just enough to get the old switch out (once un-soldered) and the new one in. It's a doable DIY job, but best for those with plenty of soldering and un-soldering experience honestly...

Just thought I'd toss my experience with this into the archive in case someone is looking for tips down the road...
Attached Images   
Old 11-03-2014, 06:23 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Cheers Tom, I am sure that will be handy for many down the track. I did my AC switch and was a pain too, desoldering it(same method) but very rewarding to have fixed

Quick Reply: Defrost recirc combo switch replacement