Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

944 air filter installation

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 10:30 PM
Porscheman951
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 944 air filter installation

Hey all, so I ordered a Purolator air filter and it was too big for my 951! I just ordered another it's a Mahle and this time around I made sure to order the right one for the Turbo. My question is how is this square-ish looking air filter going to fit in that black air box with the 'Turbo' lettering on it?! Photos of what it should look like? Thanks all! The help is much appreciated.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:12 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

There are a few screws that hold the airbox halves together after you remove the snorkel. Pretty simple and should only take you 5-10 minutes.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:04 AM
Porscheman951
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you you know what size screw (I assume metric?) note my airbox screw placements are a tad stripped so I most likely will need a slightly bigger screw
Old 10-22-2014, 10:13 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh man i haven't seen an airbox in a while.

Top bit comes off. There should be a few screws around it. I think they're normal phillips head screws.
Undo the band around the intecooler pipe too.
there should be screws on the snorkel. can remove them but i don't think you need to. and the thing lifts off.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:43 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Use a standard screwdrivier.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:24 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Be careful when removing those screws Most of them ( in white) should have like a retainer at the bottom of the screw but some may not (especially the one that goes over the charge pipe
The ones I listed in (black) can fall into the engine bay ( you probably will never find them if they do )
Regards
Ed
Attached Images  
Old 10-23-2014, 06:12 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

The one on top left of box that you can see the head of and Eddie has marked *here* in black, needs to be undone and it has a clip on other side of inter cooler pipe. This needs to be removed to get at the one underneath that Eddie has marked *down here ?* in white. The others are asy but undo them all before you try to remove it and as mentioned be careful as you don't want to drop them into the black hole that is the engine bay. I used to always remove the two small black screws, to the snorkel, on the right hand side of the air box, but don't bother any more as it can be taken out and put back in with them on. Having said that, until you have taken it off once or twice, I would still take them out. I can't count how many times I have taken this box and the intercooler pipes off, as you have to refit everything again before you start the car, so if you are mucking about with things you often end up taking them off and putting them back on severl times.

Anyway it is an easy job once you have done it once, and you get how it all goes together, and you only learn that from pulling it off in the first place. Also be careful of where you leave any screw or nut, when working on the car, as like I said before the engine bay really can be a black hole

Quick Reply: 944 air filter installation