Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Catbypass/Exhaust Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014 | 06:22 PM
raleighBahn
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Catbypass/Exhaust Advice

Hey folks, I know there are countless threads and videos, to the point where it is overload. I'm looking for catbypass, with bolt in/out option for sport cat, all the way through to muffler exhaust.

Here is the ranking of criteria, most important to least:
1. Fitment - Want everything to fit out of the box. The stock exhaust is flatter in places or a reason, so don't to add something that will have to be bent again. Also, I have a wideband AFR gauge, so want it to come with any bung already present.

2. Noise - Want as quiet as possible. Want the benefit of cat bypass (when sport cat is not on), without sounding like I'm 16 years old and driving a hopped up Civic in Panama City. I do not want any more attention than is necessary.

3. Modular - easy to swap in/out bypass

Not looking to save money if it means sacrificing on points 1-3. Multi-vendor piece parts are fine, even using some existing items if it makes sense.
Old 08-16-2014 | 02:19 AM
spanky
Rennlist Member

Received 764 Likes on 538 Posts

I am running a cat bypass now I built mine by using a cat that I removed the cat from the section and welded in a bypass pipe section. Works great. Slightly louder exh note, Engine revs faster.

Quick Reply: Catbypass/Exhaust Advice