Lindsey Racing Boost Enhancer

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 02:52 AM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lindsey Racing Boost Enhancer

Has anyone ever used one of these? How were the results, i.e. is it worth the relatively low cost? Or is this just a gimmick. I'm considering getting one for my car if it's as good as they say it is.
Old 08-09-2003, 03:01 AM
Magown
Burning Brakes

Search the achieves. It's a great entry level product.
Old 08-09-2003, 08:51 AM
G50
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good product for entry level performance. Can lead to boost spikes though maybe a MBC or EBC is better.
Old 08-09-2003, 11:48 AM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm not getting very many hits when I do searches in the forum for "boost enhancer" or "Lindsey Racing", what am I doing wrong? Nine of the hits I get pertain to the boost enhancer.
Old 08-09-2003, 01:53 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Epic2112
I'm not getting very many hits when I do searches in the forum for "boost enhancer" or "Lindsey Racing", what am I doing wrong? Nine of the hits I get pertain to the boost enhancer.
Did you mean to say "don't pertain"?

Mine works pretty damn well.

jp
Old 08-09-2003, 02:36 PM
crazyracer
Racer

Try LBE. I would go for the boost enhancer from guru racing www.gururacing.net.
It's called reliaboost. Cheaper too :-).
Old 08-09-2003, 03:34 PM
Blueman33
Pro

I have the Lindsey Boost Enhancer and I think it helped spool up a little.

However, I have been told that my APE chip was designed to work with the banjo bolt, and that using a boost enhancer may present some risks. Other chips are designed to work with a boost enhancer.
Old 08-09-2003, 03:52 PM
Porscheman101
Instructor

If you dont mind waiting for you boost to kick in untill 10psi then it is worth it. And boy it does make a huge difference. I plan on buying a Greddy electronic boost controller soon. You may just want to save another $200 and get the electronic boost controller. But for the money it does work really well
Old 08-09-2003, 07:53 PM
gatorbait
Instructor

Epic2112,

The Lindsey Boost Enhancer is not a gimmick. Neither are Reliaboost-1 and Reliaboost-2 ($35 and $50 respectively), which are extremely effective and work along the lines of the Lindsey Boost Enhancer, but for less money. FYI, Guru Racing bundles Reliaboost-1 with their chip upgrade package (along with chips, shims for your wastegate and a 3-bar fuel pressure regulator), but you can buy direct from Reliaboost-- here's the link: www.boostsciences.com/

Reliaboost made a HUGE difference on my car. Best b-f-b of any mod I've done. I couldn't hold boost before I installed it. My car came with the older version Autothority Stage II chipset (DME/KLR chips only, no jetted banjo bolt), so installation of the controller posed no problems. You might want to check to see whether or not you have the jetted Banjo bolt, which I believe was intended to function as a controller of sorts. If so, you'll probably have to remove it to fit another boost control device like the LBE or Reliaboost.

With regard to expensive electronic boost controllers, some people swear by them, but others find them finicky and beset with problems such as boost creep. I plan some significant performance upgrades in the coming months, and I'm still undecided about whether or not the extra bucks for an electronic controller are worth it. I think that I'd go with a dual port wastegate before investing in an EBC.

If you're intent on the LBE, you could probably buy a used one for about $50. I see them for sale on the various forums periodically for that price.

Good luck. HTH
Old 08-10-2003, 05:08 AM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the answers. I'm looking at the reliaboosts also now. I'll probably get one of these sytems once I get some money since I just spent all of what I had on the car .
Old 08-10-2003, 12:15 PM
Diver944
Pro

I used the LBE for 18 months and found it a great product and made a huge difference to the car for the bargain price that it is. I have only changed to a Reliaboost because it came bundled with the Guru chipset (I sold my LBE to another 951 owner)

You must buy one of these products, it will wake up your car instantly!

Quick Reply: Lindsey Racing Boost Enhancer