Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

is radial play on a k27/6 the same for k26/6?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 11:18 AM
Alpine951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is radial play on a k27/6 the same for k26/6?

I lost boost a few weeks ago and everything checked out OK except for when I pulled the maf pipe off and tried to spin the compressor wheel. It would not turn at all. This was when the motor was hot and 30 minutes after pulling into the driveway. I even tried putting a socket on the compressor nut and give it the slightest pressure. wouldn't move. It is a K27/6 i bought used off of a lister here over five years ago. I finally got the turbo off the other day and both wheels spin freely. WTF!! the fins on the wheels look OK and no noticeable sign of damage. As I am holding it in my hand and rolling the body of the turbo over all of a sudden something falls to the ground. It's an exhaust manifold nut. I didn't see if it fell out of the turbine side opening where the crossover pipe would connect to. A few months ago I had the exhaust manifolds off because I was replacing a cracked one. I wonder if a nut fell into the open end of the cross over when I had the manifolds off and jammed the turbine wheel. I want to go get some wire feeler gauges to check the radial play on the turbine side and was wondering if I would use the same spec as the manual says since stock was a k26/6 and my turbo still has the same size turbine side.

Quick Reply: is radial play on a k27/6 the same for k26/6?