Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Correct wastegate hose?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 10:51 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 978 Likes on 638 Posts
Default Correct wastegate hose?

just installed the AOS hose kit from LR and I'm curious whether the thicker hose is correct for the wastegate->cycling valve connection. the top obviously fit fine, but the nipple on the stock wastegate seemed quite small for the hose diameter (like it could have fit the smaller vacuum line diameter). i used the supplied line (see pics) but the wastegate had to be tightened down quite a lot until it felt secure and it was just long enough to make the upper connection - applying a little too much downward tension to the ICV, imo. now i also don't have enough hose for the front connections - did i do something wrong??
Attached Images    
Old 07-07-2014, 02:27 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

looking over some content on the LR website, they show the smaller diameter vacuum hose going over the cycling valve nipple - must be a tight fit - and that would clearly work better on the stock WG nipple. is this the line that most people are using for this connection??

thanks.
Attached Images  
Old 07-07-2014, 03:26 PM
Meine44
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have my CV and wastegate hoses nicely taken off their respective nipples and labeled.

I'll have a look after work, or after you remind me, whichever comes last, and let you know.

If I remember correctly, the CV to Wastegate SHOULD be the smaller diameter vacuum line.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:03 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Meine44
If I remember correctly, the CV to Wastegate SHOULD be the smaller diameter vacuum line.
after looking over the LR site, i think you're right. if i can get it to fit over the cycling valve nipple, i'm sure it will fit the wastegate. first time doing this, so there's a bit of trial and error.

thanks for the reply.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:35 AM
Meine44
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I knew I would forget to check for you.

I'm still damn sure it is the smaller vacuum hose.

I was in the process of replacing my vacuum lines, including those going to the Cycling Valve. I only purchased two sections of the larger vacuum lines, for the two nipples that are on the CV toward the front of the engine.

I remember the larger vacuum hose connecting from those two nipples on the CV to the hardlines that go to the intake and to the MAF.

I don't remember larger lines going anywhere else, so it must be the small hose from CV to Wastegate.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:39 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

no worries - i really appreciate your insight on this. i believe you are absolutely correct and that hose does not go to the WG. in my head, i kind of knew it was wrong, but the diagrams i was looking at were color-coded - we've all seen them - and that led me to believe that that diameter hose should be used. i should have known better and attempted the smaller hose there. that will also allow for sufficient routing of the hose and no pressure on the line anywhere. thanks again!

Quick Reply: Correct wastegate hose?