Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Brake Line

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 09:21 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Brake Line

I really need some help for my car. My portation valve was going bad so I went to pull it off when the brake line broke right after it. Does anyone know if you can fit a brake line or what? I also need to get a new valve for it. I live here in Akron, Ohio and could use some help. If anyone knows what to do or not to do let me know because it is my daily driver. It is a '86 951 without ABS. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2003, 02:48 AM
johne
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya you can run a new brake line. You'll need a brake line bender. It's a little tool with a ~2inch wheel on it. It helps you make smooth bends when re-running the line. Otherwise you'll put a kink in the line and it will be worthless. You can get the tool and the line at Pep Boys and most auto stores. For the valve go to www.paragon-products.com and e-mail them or give them a call. They are were I buy almost all my stuff.

Oh yeah, running brake lines is a huge pain so next time get a flare nut wrench and use it. It's like a box end wrench with 1/6th cut out.

John
Old 08-02-2003, 02:51 AM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

flare wrenches will also help prevent broken stuff (or stripped line ends). btw, make sure if you get parts-store brake lines that you get metric, and for european -- there are a _LOT_ of different thread diameters, pitches, depths, flares, etc...
Old 08-02-2003, 06:04 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

Thanks, but I just went to my guy today to get it fixed, the brake line was only about 4' long and the valve was used from another car. The whole thing cost me $70 but the tow up there was $133. Wasn't bad just a pain in the ***.

Quick Reply: Brake Line