Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Anyone have a cooling fan relay I may borrow?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 01:49 PM
jdantuono
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a cooling fan relay I may borrow?

as said in the title - I'm trying to troubleshoot why my fans won't turn on when the car starts to overheat....

With the AC on, the passenger side fan activates, with the heater blower on both fans activate.

If anyone has a working relay I'd really appreciate it if I could borrow it to see if maybe that's the problem. I won't mind putting down a deposit or paying for shipping. Please let me know via PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:49 PM
slowcorrado
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may have something if you're local (central PA). My car had the exact same issue when I bought it. It's quite easy to test the system though.

Pull the connector off of the temp sender on the radiator. With the ignition on (car not started), jump the outer 2 pins on the harness with a heavy gauge wire. Fan should start. If you jump the center pin to one side, and then center to the other side, one of the 2 sides the fan should come on full speed. If any of this happens, the fuses, fans, relay, wiring, etc.. are all good. Replace the rad temp switch. Its simple and you don't even need to drain the coolant if you're quick. :-)

Quick Reply: Anyone have a cooling fan relay I may borrow?