Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

horn

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014 | 09:39 PM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default horn

87 944 turbo, one horn faces down and the other faces forward. Does anyone know which horn is the low pitch and which one is the high pitch? I removed the alternator plastic vent pipe finally after doing my nissan alt mod. after removing the pipe the low pitch horn doesnt seem to be sounding, only the high is working. Im guessing something came loose when removing the pipe. im trying to not honk the horn as much as possible, neighbors probably wont like that lol

Last edited by mahoney944; 02-26-2014 at 09:54 PM.
Old 02-28-2014 | 05:05 PM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

bump
Old 02-28-2014 | 05:42 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by mahoney944
87 944 turbo, one horn faces down and the other faces forward. Does anyone know which horn is the low pitch and which one is the high pitch? I removed the alternator plastic vent pipe finally after doing my nissan alt mod. after removing the pipe the low pitch horn doesnt seem to be sounding, only the high is working. Im guessing something came loose when removing the pipe. im trying to not honk the horn as much as possible, neighbors probably wont like that lol
Did u check the wiring coming off the horn ? It may have come off off been knocked off ... If you need pictures I may have some but I would have to do a lot of digging BTW this is a lot of crap in that area as I remember ( I had everything off so it was a lot easier
Regards
Ed
PS I think I remember the wires having rubber boost on them ??
Old 02-28-2014 | 07:37 PM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

i already checked the relay, fuse, and all 4 connection points on the horns. i believe one of the horns was damaged when removing the alt duct. i suspect the low horn because my horn now sounds like hermie lol no low end tone. they are easily accessable being that i dont use the factory batwing and i have the alt duct removed with my nissan alt mod. ill probably try to bench test them later tomorrow
Old 02-28-2014 | 08:12 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by mahoney944
i already checked the relay, fuse, and all 4 connection points on the horns. i believe one of the horns was damaged when removing the alt duct. i suspect the low horn because my horn now sounds like hermie lol no low end tone. they are easily accessable being that i dont use the factory batwing and i have the alt duct removed with my nissan alt mod. ill probably try to bench test them later tomorrow
Good luck

Quick Reply: horn