Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Lindsey Racing DP Waste gate in single port mode

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 08:49 PM
Last Lemming
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Lindsey Racing DP Waste gate in single port mode

Ok I'm will be using the LR DP waste gate in single mode. They had to make a mode to to allow this. I'm not sure what they did other than install an insert in the side port that has a hole in it.

They also did not supply the barb fitting for the top port, so il have to have them send me one or try to find one at the auto parts store. There are no directions for using the WG as a single port.

Can someone explain how to connect this? I assuming I'll be using the cycling valve hose and attaching to the top port. But what about the side port that has the insert with the hole in it?
Old 02-19-2014, 09:05 PM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

LR Single port (one fitting)- youll use it exactly the way the stock one is set up or mbc configuration.

If you have two ports that means you're using a dual port wastegate, if you decide to use it in "single mode", which defeats the purpose, then just don't connect anything to the side port. and connect everything the same as the stock setup.

The idea of the dual port is to allow you to change your spring pressure and therfore change your boost level at will. if you dont send any pressure to the side port then your spring pressure is the pressure of the spring alone, which is the same as a single port.

In my opinion, if you have a dual port then i would use it properly, buy a mbc, set it and forget it lol.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:09 PM
Last Lemming
Burning Brakes

So there is no need to plug the side port? I will eventually get a mbc, but for now I'm moving in small steps.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:20 PM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

No. let it wide open, basically what you’re doing is when you boost and the boost pressure forces against the spring pressure to open the wastegate from the top of the diaphragm, the air on the bottom of the diaphragm will be relieved through the side port. This just reduces unnecessary pressure on the diaphragm. If you have a stock wastegate you can see the small holes on the side which do the same thing.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:22 PM
Last Lemming
Burning Brakes

Ah I see thank you

Quick Reply: Lindsey Racing DP Waste gate in single port mode