need new speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 11:22 AM
Marc944T
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool need new speakers

Hi
I have an 86 951 turbo and i want new speakers for the front and back. What kind of speakers should i get that are very good and don't involve much cutting or if not just what kind of speakers sound very good and will fit with some cutting or what ever it might need?
Marc
Old 07-24-2003, 11:52 AM
Brian Fugok
Intermediate

ADS used to make a 4" plate that fit nicely and sounded great. Now you are limited in choices. The mounting depth is verry shallow. I had both Boston Acoustic 4x6 and Blaupunkt components in the front doors, but I had to make an aluminum spacer to get it to fit properly. I also wanted to keep the stock grills so it looked stock. Added a KLA sub box with my own driver and it sounds fantastic.

I believe Eclipse and Kenwood make 4x6 that will fit in the front doors. You have many more options for the rears as the depth is greater and if you want to modify, I believe you can get 5x7 and maybe 51/2. Sound is all personal preference.

Good luck.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:58 AM
Paul968
Racer

Alpine actually make a speaker that will fit..... I have a pair installed in my car.

Also check Pioneer.... I think they fit nicely in our cars.

Price wise the Pioneer are a lot less then the Alpine and to tell you the truth, they sound just as good as the Alpine.

If I were to replace my speakers, I would go with the Pioneer.
Old 07-24-2003, 12:16 PM
Brian Fugok
Intermediate

I have seen the Pioneer go in a 951 witihout any fitment issues. Buy them from a reputable shop so you can return/exchange them if you do not like em. Almost anything is an improvement over stock. My stock speakers had Nokia stickers on them???
Old 07-24-2003, 12:50 PM
Blueman33
Pro

I put the Alpine plate speakers in front. I used an aftermarket grill. I removed old Bostons which used the oem grill.

I am putting in Alpine 4x 6 in the rear. If that doesn't make the sounc rock, i'll put in a sub. but i'm not a real BASS guy, just want full sound.

So i'll see if the new rears do it.

Quick Reply: need new speakers