Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

smoked a GT2 at 1.1 bar!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 03:08 PM
Kurt
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DFASTEST951
I'm not selling the car. I'm selling tickets to raffle it off soon. Going to donate a bunch of money to Positively Kids Childrens charity.

just curious here...but will someone actually WIN this raffle? or you just pocketing the raffle money and keeping the car?

lol
Old 07-25-2003, 08:47 PM
Ag951
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by SimonK
Would still like to have a brand new GT2...

Good kill though. You should debadge your 951 and put 924 on it. He,he...

The fenders and nose might give it away, but it'd be funny!
The ultimate sleeper would be a 914 with a tweaked 930 engine in it. Stock its 0-60 time is over 12 seconds, with a good 930 engine 12 seconds becomes a bad quarter-mile run.

I've seen a few threads boasting "kills", and sorry if I sound like a nanny but, I must point out: there is no "u" in "chalk".

Last edited by Ag951; 07-25-2003 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:56 PM
Ag951
Three Wheelin'

...I'm actually going to run it again in Scottsdale as I'm going to bring it to David to give it the once over before raffling it off....Maybe some of you in the AZ area want to meet up at the dyno shop. Let me know
I work a mile from Powerhaus (I used to work in the office right above them).
Let me know when you're coming, I'd love to see it. If it was there between August 2000 and August 2001, I probably have seen it. They did have black 951s there from time to time.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:20 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

OK, this is what I have in the makings so far. The Charity is called Positively Kids. Two years ago, I had a little brother who died two months after he was born. He had a heart defect. A curable one but nonetheless pretty serious. They are working to build a facility, a day care if you will , for children who need extra medical attention on a daily basis. Through my crazy car, a nice six figure donation will help in their effort to build this multimillion dollar facility here in Vegas. They are even going to name a foundation after my little brother Mateo. Also I need a great write off. After seven years and four motors, I admit to have invested a sizable six figure amount into the car and hope to get that back out of this in order to bring my father and his wife out of their depression rut that they are in and start other business ventures with my family.
So, this is the deal so far. I'm planning to make sure all Rennlisters have first dibs. I don't know a better bunch of people who love P-cars, all of them, as much as we do. In fact if all ticket sales are generated through the Rennlist, I would change the plan and set up a meeting place that you Rennlisters help choose and draw the winning ticket there. So far we are thinking of somewhere between 5 to 7 thousand tickets but we're leaning toward a five thousand ticket cutoff. Due to the inquires we may go for 7. Tickets will be $100. Drawing to be held somewhere between Halloween and Thanksgiving, depending on when it starts. So far we're also thinking of pulling the winning ticket at Powerhaus Racing as David will also be supplying the car with a one year drivetrain warranty. The winning ticket will be pulled by Fred Schultz, the fundraising director of Positively Kids. So, bottom line, someone is going to get one of the baddest 951's on the planet with a warranty to boot. The car has 5500 miles on it. Then I'll be the one asking for a ride. Does that sound good to you guys?
86944Turbo,
That is a hell of a motor. Congratulations, I know you were waiting awhile for that motor. John Milledge is a hell of a builder. His reputation is well known for that. Danno was right. You and I at a dyno shop would be a hell of a good run. Your within 10hp of me and your motor is still new. Once your motor breaks in you may even pass me so I'll have to rely on my tq to outpull you. I get a lot of wheel spin and hop as well. My S02's can't hang though. Pirrelli has a new DOT track tire that looks promissing otherwise I would like the Michellin Pilots.
Ag951,
You probably did see my car at powerhaus. It was there a lot during the building process. I'll let you know when I come to Scottsdale for the dyno run. I have no idea how I slipped and put a "u" in chalk. Thanks for the tip. Talk soon and really sorry about the long thread.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:41 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

I just recently became a member. Is there a reason it doesn't shop up when I post?
Old 07-25-2003, 11:35 PM
smkn951
Burning Brakes

good charity. good man. good car. man loves brother and car. blood is thicker, car goes bye bye, to help everyone.
sorry to say that 100 is abit too much for me for donation, but i may cut on a few cigarettes and uneccessary stuff to help.
i know it's hard to loose the car but the thought is noble and pure.
DFASTEST951, give me a link or something and i can give even though it's not much.
Old 07-26-2003, 03:44 AM
DanD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I just recently became a member. Is there a reason it doesn't shop up when I post?
Send a message to Jen Munson [jmunson@rennlist.com] and she can turn on the 'Rennlist Member' flag. It's a manual process until John D can figure out a way to save Jen some work.

I look forward to a chance to win your monster. I promise to never race on the street. Now, on the track.....

But I'll have to figure out a way to keep my 16 year old out of the drivers seat. He's already autocrossed my track car, ( in fact the day after he got his liscense).
Old 07-27-2003, 07:39 AM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No offense, I think the car really kicks mucho ***, but do you REALLY think you can sell 7000 tickets at $100 each? I think that's wishful thinking, to be honest.. I mean if it were a new Porsche definately.. but it's a 944 turbo...

Who's buying the tickets?

I'd buy one meself but I'm still paying for my clutch!
Old 07-27-2003, 06:45 PM
turbite
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Rich Sandor
No offense, I think the car really kicks mucho ***, but do you REALLY think you can sell 7000 tickets at $100 each? I think that's wishful thinking, to be honest.. I mean if it were a new Porsche definately.. but it's a 944 turbo...

Who's buying the tickets?

I'd buy one meself but I'm still paying for my clutch!
Before buying raffle remember the story of the dead horse.

A man goes to buy a horse that was advertised in the paper to raffle it off.
When he shows up, the woman selling it explains that the horse has died.
The man says he doesn't care and that he'll buy the dead horse for $100 anyway.

The man then sells 1000 $10 raffle tickets for the horse (not revealing its dead of course).
The winner comes to get his horse, and the man explains that the horse just died, and refunds the winner $10 (the price of the ticket).

$9,890 profit...
Old 07-27-2003, 07:15 PM
PorscheLars
Advanced

DFASTEST951

What kinda gearbox do you use, and for how long time have it worked well?
Old 07-28-2003, 04:07 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Rich, I don't know except that after Paul Bloomberg brought it up here for the first time after I met him in person at the dyno shop, I received 72 emails about where to purchase a ticket. Maybe your right, 7 thousand is a lot but IF we sell that many, that will be it. With all the advertising, we are worried about having a cut off. If not, it'll still go either way. Plus as soon as I get these damn pics up, you'll see that car is basically brand new. Everything has been replaced, even the axles. Don't know what got into me there. I replaced things that weren't even broken. Special attention was given to every part of the car. Plus the car is coming with a one year warranty on the drivetrain. Kinda like a new car. It's that well built. Not to mention the crazy sound system and perfect interior.
Turbite. I love that horse story. Never heard that one. I promise though, no crazy ideas like that here. This is kind of important to me in more ways than one.
PorscheLars,
I've been using a stock tranny. It's new but I've never had a problem with it. Holds all my power. no problem.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:55 AM
SimonK
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

''Before buying raffle remember the story of the dead horse.

A man goes to buy a horse that was advertised in the paper to raffle it off.
When he shows up, the woman selling it explains that the horse has died.
The man says he doesn't care and that he'll buy the dead horse for $100 anyway.

The man then sells 1000 $10 raffle tickets for the horse (not revealing its dead of course).
The winner comes to get his horse, and the man explains that the horse just died, and refunds the winner $10 (the price of the ticket).

$9,890 profit...''

Now that to me is stupid! If the horse was dead I am sure he could have bought him for a $10 or just offer to dispose of it for free?

Old 07-28-2003, 06:34 AM
PorscheLars
Advanced

DFASTEST951.

Stock 5 speed 951 Gearbox or Stock 6 speed 968.

I have broken 2 951 bearboxes (one 86 and one 90 Turbo S LSD) whit my engine. (3.0 who give 380 lb torque at 1.0 bar@3250rpm. Both with recomanded Mobil oil)

So I am qurious how to get this thing to work. I consider to rebuild my last gearbox or go for a 6 speed 968 gearbox. I have read that John Milledge says the 6 speed can handle much more power (torque) and the most of his costomers have to use the 6 speed tranny.

Is there anyone who rebuild the 951 box to the customers spec ala 911 gearboxes and GuardTrans
Old 07-29-2003, 09:12 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

No I have a stock 951 5 speed. It's been newly rebuilt but no problems except I run out of rpm's in fifth. I can get a taller fifth but I'll let the new owner decide to do it if he/she wants. My last motor had about 70 hp and tq less than the motor now and still no problems and I'll be the first to admit I beat the living dog$#%! out of it. I went through three clutch set ups too. No problems. I don't know what to tell you.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:58 AM
Brett
Addict
Rennlist Member

So where and when can we start buying the tickets??

Quick Reply: smoked a GT2 at 1.1 bar!!!!