Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Need some help on pressurizing system

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 01:19 AM
Last Lemming
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah, but I also read that the turbo has to be removed to do this. Is that correct?
Old 01-04-2014, 01:23 AM
travisgreen
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Last Lemming
Yeah, but I also read that the turbo has to be removed to do this. Is that correct?

Yea it does. How much pressure are you putting into your intake when your testing ? How much boost does your car run
Old 01-04-2014, 01:33 AM
Last Lemming
Burning Brakes

Less than 10 psi when I'm testing it. Thing is i should be getting 15 lbs of boost but I'm not quite hitting my target, that's why I was pressure testing the system
Old 01-04-2014, 01:39 AM
travisgreen
Pro

Well you have to remember your putting pressure in it while testing, the aos doesn't see boost, just vacuum. So it's very possible it's not even leaking under vacuum. Even if it is leaking I don't think it's going to cause you not to reach proper boost levels but more so throw off your afr.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Last Lemming
Burning Brakes

Okay now I've run into a bigger problem. It seems that there is air coming out from the gasket at the cam cover in one small spot. It looks like I will have to either remove the cam cover and replace the gasket the right way, for as bad as this sounds maybe there's a way I can put sealant in the gap. Taking the cam cover off as a whole but the bit of misery I don't want to have to get into the front belt again.

I'm assuming pressurized air coming out of the cam cover gasket is not a good thing.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:34 PM
travisgreen
Pro

Okay now I've run into a bigger problem. It seems that there is air coming out from the gasket at the cam cover in one small spot. It looks like I will have to either remove the cam cover and replace the gasket the right way, for as bad as this sounds maybe there's a way I can put sealant in the gap. Taking the cam cover off as a whole but the bit of misery I don't want to have to get into the front belt again. I'm assuming pressurized air coming out of the cam cover gasket is not a good thing.
Waaaaaah? Man how much pressure are you putting in your system? Are you sure it's not 100psi?
Old 01-04-2014, 02:14 PM
Last Lemming
Burning Brakes

No, just under 10 psi
Old 01-04-2014, 02:16 PM
travisgreen
Pro

You shouldn't be blowing air out that gasket, especially if it isn't leaking oil. I can't see that happening at 10 psi, where are you located
Old 01-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Last Lemming
Burning Brakes

I'm in Louisiana. There is definitely a leak coming out of the gasket I just pulled the fuel rail and you could put your finger right over the edge and gasket and stop The air from coming out.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:58 PM
Last Lemming
Burning Brakes

Okay so I've taken a video of the system under pressure it's under 11 1/2 PSI and the sound you hear is mostly what seems to be the air oil separator O-rings pushing air out seems a lot to me. However in this video I'm showing you the leak at the cam tower check the link below.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:07 PM
travisgreen
Pro

Okay so I've taken a video of the system under pressure it's under 11 1/2 PSI and the sound you hear is mostly what seems to be the air oil separator O-rings pushing air out seems a lot to me. However in this video I'm showing you the leak at the cam tower check the link below. Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQsSy4AilJ8

That leak isn't going to affect your actual boost, it seems odd that you have enough pressure in your crankcase to blow the o ring and your cam tower gasket tho, you don't by chance have your hoses crossed and have your aos running off your intercooler pipe do you?
Old 01-04-2014, 04:23 PM
Last Lemming
Burning Brakes

Could it be that a valve was open and air is getting around thus causing an air leak.
I just had a leak down done everything was fine.
How much pressure what I have to put in the engine damage the rings on the piston to do this?

Also I do have to fix this right, or oil start coming up that whole am assuming?

I don't think I have anything crossed. I have not actually changed any of those hoses myself.
By intercooler pipe do you mean the hard pipe to the left of the air filter?
Old 01-04-2014, 04:26 PM
travisgreen
Pro

Could it be that about was open and air is getting bad about thus getting up in there? I just had a leak down done everything was fine. How much pressure what I have to put in the engine damage the rings on the piston to do this?
I don't have a clue what that first sentence says......
Old 01-04-2014, 04:27 PM
travisgreen
Pro

Email or text me so we aren't running this thread. Travis greenawalt@hotmail.com. 717 989 8583
Old 01-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Last Lemming
Burning Brakes

I Corrected the sentence. Text sent.

Quick Reply: Need some help on pressurizing system