Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

OT- anyone watch F1?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 10:04 AM
SimonK
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Skip Wolfe,

It only took Michael longer to work his way up the ranks than Montoya as he got sandwiched between the two BARs. Jacques Villeneuve was in no mood for yielding and the world champion was left in a midpack dogfight.

As far as Montoya passing Kimi goes he made a mistake to let Montoya in. It was later revealed he was attempting to avoid some oil left over from Pizzonia's stricken Jaguar.

It was vintage Schumacher to once more make the most of the circumstances. Michael could easily have lost the championship lead yet he ended giving away just one point to rival Kimi Raikkonen title challenge.

By the way when I said MS and DC were best drivers of the race I meant after the Baricello who in my opinion ran a perfect race.

Good for him!
Old 07-22-2003, 10:27 AM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

"If it was not for "the michael" formula 1 would have even lower tv ratings then they do now."

Then why did Bernie feel he had to change the rules to mix things up?
Old 07-22-2003, 12:20 PM
SimonK
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because he is an old fart!
Old 07-25-2003, 03:30 AM
86944turbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope,
Even John Todt said that Michael realizes that w/o a competitive F-1 the sport will continue to suffer. Essentailly, the sport is bigger than Michael and has given him everything he has. That being said, I believe "The Michael" is the best F-1 driver ever. I also believe that if they break down all of the important attributes that an F-1 driver brings, such as (braking, passing, ability to convey to engineers how to improve, desire, tire conservation, ability to set up drivers, intelligence, work ethic, etc, etc., I would not be surpised if The Michael was at the top in all categories, when compared to the best in history. With the possible exception of qualifying. Drives one lap, returns to pits with assesmant. Unheard of. Loves practice. Unheard of. Watch his braking (close attention to tires relative to vehicle speed) and you'll see true threshold braking. The new Ferrari is not what they thought. But, more importantly Michelin has passed up Bridgestone in a big way. Good to see Budweiser in the sport.

Quick Reply: OT- anyone watch F1?