Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Dithering Boost, may have a solution....

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003 | 08:06 PM
AlexE
Pro

HOw does she drive...................

Uhmmm she rides like an ex-girlfriend I used to have...............She just goes and goes and goes................

Boost comes on very quickly and I have to concentrate to keep the car straight........its actually kinda scary........... in a good way.

I haven't got around to tune her with the PB but she just goes and goes...... The sound of that big turbo is very very nice.

I really can't describe the feeling..........it really is a completely new car.
Old 07-25-2003 | 05:50 AM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Ian,

I threw in a manual boost controller and BINGO.. I got a nice boost curve.

I also have a 1 bar spring in the wastegate.Tial 46mm.

I did my dyno runs and tuned it the best I could giving the time I had. The dyno is close to houses and the "man" shuts you do at 8pm.
My 4" exhaust is not really neighborhood friendly !! I just have to work on tuning my cruising speeds. I am close, good a/f's but I have been wrenching on other parts of the car and have had little time.

The car is fast! the torque is killer.. Money well spent. John has been very helpful, I'm glad I found my boost problem! I will be going to a dyno near my house soon to get some numbers to post.

If anyone is thinking about a system to buy... consider Vitesse!!

Its the best bang for the buck I every spent and support 2nd to none!
Old 07-25-2003 | 06:20 AM
ian
Nordschleife Master

John had let me know that the MBC fixed your boost issues, I find it hard to believe that all these complex EBC's don't have some way to handle the boost in our cars. Or maybe the ones we had were just not up to par.

I have heard very good things about the Profec B, and I thinking of trying it next, but right now I have no money so maybe a MBC would be the way to go....

thanks for posting the results I can't wait to see the hp / torque curves.....
Old 07-25-2003 | 07:04 AM
Velvet951
Racer

I also have a MBC and am experiencing boost creep/ non-steady lock down. It is a Liondsey unit. Are these things just no good, or do I have something else going on? I get different max boost levels depending what gear I'm in.
Old 07-25-2003 | 02:33 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Hey Velvet,

I notice you have some nice upgrades. Ever consider getting rid of the Auto chips??? I know Danno (GURU) was working on some chips for the K-27 that was getting about 330-340 at rhe wheels, with no MAF or MAP, just need 55lb injectors.

I'm sure John might have the something also. Just hate to see a nice setup with chips that might not be the best, as chips are the brain of the car's performance And you can tell the rest of us how they are
Old 07-25-2003 | 02:52 PM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Todd,

I had autothority chips for my k27 and they worked well, danno's chips were a work in progress, if he has come up with a version 3 I would think about it, but like anything else getting the right chips takes time....

Quick Reply: Dithering Boost, may have a solution....