Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

951 on salvage title

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 12:47 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

I also have had no problems getting insurance (GEICO).

<----------Ain't she purty! (Not me, the car!)
Old 07-21-2003, 01:33 PM
Blueman33
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anders states "Dealers always overprice their cars", which is usually true. However if you buy from a top end dealer they do a thorough PPI and will wholesale it out if it's not in top shape.

My car was for sale at Lexus of New Orleans. They stated an implied warranty of major mechanical parts for 90 days. They also referred me to Greff Service the Porsche service techs who had worked on it forever.

While I was on the test drive, it was purchased by a scalper sight unseen, who resold it to me. Terefore it was the scalper's opinion that it was underpriced by Lexus, who asked $7995. The actual price i paid to the buttface that bought the car out from under me was $8500, but was reasonable to me. It was the right color, had all it's records, and was local.

Good luck in whichever you get!
Old 07-21-2003, 02:07 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Blueman, man that sounds like a shady deal there....
Could it be possible that the dealer was in on it...?
What ethical dealer would sell a car when someone else is test driving it...?

Oh well..., you're pretty near me geographically and a few of us "locals" get together from time to time. If you wish I could check with the other guys and if it's OK I'll send you an email with their addresses so you can keep in touch.

Lastly, there's a PCA driver's ed this weekend at a track near me, a ride of about 1-1.5 hours for you if you want to meet some of us there.
At least one Rennlist member near you (ELLSSUU) is coming down and meeting me in Hammond first at a German Auto dealer/wrecking yard.
I know the owner and he said he'd meet us there on a Saturday if you're looking for any small, hard to find items for your car........

Email me if you think you may be able to make it.....the PCA DE is for Sunday as well...., it's at www.noproblemraceway.com ......

Terry S.
944t@bellsouth.net
Old 07-23-2003, 11:21 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"Blueman, man that sounds like a shady deal there....
Could it be possible that the dealer was in on it...?
What ethical dealer would sell a car when someone else is test driving it...?"

yeah, that does sound a little suspicious. Perhaps the scalper does frequent business with this dealer and is able to get a low-ball price? If you had bought directly from the dealer, would you have gotten the $7995 price or the $8500 one?

Quick Reply: 951 on salvage title