Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Kudo's to Danno

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 01:41 PM
MD951
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kudo's to Danno

Well I just yanked the Authority Stage II chipset and put in the Guru chipset, I have to say that Danno's product is FAR SUPERIOR to the Auththority product.

I just got back from test driving it, I was only going to go down the street and back but I ended up taking an hour long jaunt. This chipset turned my car into an animal from 3.5k RPM to redline, it is much improved and it even idles better..

Wow, All you guys that said to go with the Guru chipset were right; it is totaly awesome.

My next step is to figure out which MAP or MAF to go with..

Well Kudo's to Danno and his fine product.

-Blair
Old 07-23-2003, 07:30 AM
turbite
Burning Brakes

I just yanked My steve R stage 2 chips and experienced exactly the same thing.

I told Danno what I had and he made the chips.
Very Impressive. My AFR curve is much better.
Turbo spools much faster now.

Good job Danno!
Old 07-23-2003, 05:12 PM
Diver944
Pro

Thumbs up

After reading all the posts on here recommending the Guru chips and exchanging a few emails with Danno I went ahead and ordered the basic Chip, Reliaboost and FPR kit for my '89 UK 951S. They arrived two weeks later, took me a couple of hours to fit everything and WOW!

The boost comes in sooner, stays there for longer and at 15psi is obviously delivering much more power THis is my daily driver so needs to be safe too.

I've only done 50 (hard ) road miles so far, but all is looking good, a steady idle, no flat spots in power delivery and oodles of extra power. The real test comes on Friday when I shall be doing a track day at Silverstone - just 5 days after the F1 boys were there

Everything in the UK seems to be more expensive and there are few tuners here that can deliver these results at over twice the price of the Guru kit so I will be recommending it to all UK 951 owners.
Old 08-10-2003, 12:10 PM
Diver944
Pro

Well my GURU kit has been installed 3 weeks now and I have covered just over a 1000 miles on a family vacation with no problems (but one huge grin stuck to my face), as well as a trackday at Silverstone F1 circuit. I've even been astonished to find that my gas mileage is unaffected (despite my right foot being much less behaved than usual)

Danno I have been extolling your kit to other UK 951 owners in the Porsche Club GB and I think you may start to see a small increase in UK sales. I don't think any of the UK tuners can deliver such a solid increase in power and driveability for such a reasonable cost. I'll be back for a MAP when I get hungry for more, cuz we're never satisfied are we?
Old 08-10-2003, 03:55 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

I hate reading this messages. I ordered my chip set on Thrusday and I just CAN'T wait. EVERYTHING I hear about these chips are great, I just want to have it now and be driving.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:50 PM
Gary
Instructor

Default Re: Kudo's to Danno

Originally posted by MD951
Well I just yanked the Authority Stage II chipset and put in the Guru chipset, I have to say that Danno's product is FAR SUPERIOR to the Auththority product.

Yes, I've just installed the FPR, chipset and reliaboost also (finally got time last Friday!). Couldn't agree more on the improvement over both the APE chips and HR chips I've also got.

Once on boost, the car seems to accelerate much "cleaner" now (if that makes sense). Idle hasn't changed but it's definitely a little quicker off the mark.

The car boosts to what I would think is around 15psi and stays around that point until redline also. This is without the wastegate shims. I don't plan on installing them at the moment since I don't have the time or patience to do it but maybe leave it until Autumn when it's a little cooler (it wasn't pleasant doing the jobs in 96F outside the garage - I had to keep wiping my face for fear of dripping onto the circuits in the DME / KLR boxes during chip change!). Honestly, I'm not even sure if I need to install them ...

Another plus point is that I took a few minutes to bleeding the cooling system ("blow in the hole" method). It was fluctuating quite a lot from bottom white line to almost red (inconsistantly). It now hangs around the middle and only moves between 8:30 and 9:30 (timewise) even with the aircon full on. So clearly, there was air in there somewhere.

Now, I just need to change the rear pads to a set that don't rattle (i.e. from a Porsche dealer), bleed them (again) and I should be done for a while !!!

Thanks again for a great service Danno.

Regards,

Gary.

'86 951 euro spec.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:21 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Now pick up GURU Wastegate!!! Tons of difference even over a shimmed wastegate.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:54 PM
Diver944
Pro

I didn't realise GURU did a wastegate. I can't see any info or prices on the website. What's the details, type, price etc? Oh and benefits :-)
Old 08-13-2003, 07:21 PM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

go to the guru forums on there website,they've got everything you need to know.and im also excited with my chips coming in.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:43 AM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Danno Can Dial!

I have to credit Danno and his efforts to make the 951 a force to be reckoned with. Most important- he is doing what he loves, using skills he knows well. He can ONLY succeed, at this point.

Forming tight alliances with quality vendors, suppliers and tuners will make the 951 reach classic status, due to its sheer scalability. Its great we own cars that offer alot of bang for the buck- but once a GURU dials-in.....you now get pure BLAST for the buck!

GURU Racing- The art of blending Science and Wisdom.

Quick Reply: Kudo's to Danno