Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that's a steal...
Old 11-27-2013, 05:42 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemming
And yes, I have been running good fluid (Motul 660) and pads (DTC70).
For what it's worth... I used to be sponsored by Motul, years ago, racing motorcycles. I got all the free Motul fluids I could ever want, including brake fluid.

I always had fade issues with it. I was constantly bleeding it between sessions on the track. I actually wound up having more consistent luck using off-the-shelf Ford fluid (yes, Ford) than I did with the Motul. The Ford stuff lasted an entire weekend before it needed to be bled. The Motul... not so much.

I'd try a different fluid. Just bite the bullet and go with SRF. Stuff is awesome.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:59 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
For what it's worth... I used to be sponsored by Motul, years ago, racing motorcycles. I got all the free Motul fluids I could ever want, including brake fluid.

I always had fade issues with it. I was constantly bleeding it between sessions on the track. I actually wound up having more consistent luck using off-the-shelf Ford fluid (yes, Ford) than I did with the Motul. The Ford stuff lasted an entire weekend before it needed to be bled. The Motul... not so much.

I'd try a different fluid. Just bite the bullet and go with SRF. Stuff is awesome.
Last weekend at Barber I was told that Motul was an issue due to it's extremely hygroscopic nature (more so than most brake fluids). I've not had a chance to compare it to others, will do that this weekend.

Quick Reply: WTB: big brake kit