Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Goodies, No More

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 12:46 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Goodies, No More

I had an unpleasant surprise yesterday at the Milpitas Goodies Speed Shop. Last Friday, I stopped by to pick up some AN fittings. I asked the counter guy about return policy as I wanted to experiment with some different fittings. He told me one week return no problem if I don't use them. Therefore, I bought quite a few. Almost $100 worth for trial test fitting thinking I could return what I don't need. I mainly did this because they were closed on the weekend and better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have. Anyway, pull up yesterday to return the unused fittings and they were closing up shop. The whole place had been gutted only moving people there. This was a big chain, totally unexpected. The one ex-employee that was present said the draconian CA smog laws had basically put them out of business. All other CA stores are going under as well. So much for a local speed shop. Everything has to come from Summit Racing now. This is a bummer.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:50 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

A pleasant surprise arrived this morning at 8:15 am! I am pretty shocked and happy about this. After the closing of the Goodies shop I was left out in the cold on a fitting I needed. It was 6:00 here in Cali and I figured I was screwed for this weekend. I call up Summit and they said if you order $100 worth of parts we have free one day delivery to Cali if completed by 7:00 PM PST. So I complete order at 6:45 and two boxes arrive here at 8:15 for free with no tax!!! Wow, that is cool!
Attached Images  
Old 10-25-2013, 12:54 PM
p5th
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice
Old 10-25-2013, 10:43 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

Well that's a bummer to hear about Goodies. When the original store was sold and moved in to the new location, it never had that real speed shop feel. They didn't have much inventory on hand and with Summit's super fast shipping of a gazillion parts I'm sure it was hard to compete. FYI, Gotelli's is an old school speed shop in San Bruno that is still plugging away. Open Saturdays too....
Old 10-26-2013, 01:27 AM
Dave W.
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Have you checked out Vic Hubbard and ATP Turbo? They're both in Hayward.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:48 AM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dave W.
Have you checked out Vic Hubbard and ATP Turbo? They're both in Hayward.
I love ATP turbo, they used to be one block from my office, and now they moved up to Hayward. I miss them a lot.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:00 AM
Dutch944
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And how about this one when you're from Europe:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Torques-U-K
Old 10-26-2013, 08:07 AM
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 648 Likes on 409 Posts

Nice, thanks!
Old 10-26-2013, 01:16 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dutch944
And how about this one when you're from Europe: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Torques-U-K
Holy fuel pump options Batman!!!

Wow, Dutch that is insane! Good thing they are not close to me, I would be broke all the time. I see so many things I want to buy. Thanks for the link!
Old 10-26-2013, 02:09 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Dutch:

Can't thank you enough for posting that link, I have just scrolled through all 73 pages of fittings. This is simply an amazing site! They have everything that I have been looking for. Nowhere does it mention E-85 compatible, but I have sent an E-mail all ready. If I would have found this site first, I would have went in a totally different direction with my fuel pump install. Thanks again!

BTW, shipping to the States is very reasonable. Almost too reasonable to believe, so I sent an E-mail on that as well. 1.8 pounds is around $3, seems too good to believe.

Quick Reply: Goodies, No More