Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

oil leak top driver side?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 08:15 PM
dunl
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default oil leak top driver side?

Well, after a very long sleep, my 951 went for a run today. The cat has disappeared, so that really woke her up.

However....when I returned home, I noticed on the driver's side AeroCatch hood pin that there seemed to be oil seeping out. Fearing the worst, I lifted the hood and there it was...oil all over the inside of the hood and top of the driver's side of the engine...near the air inlet pipe.

Any suggestions on where to start looking? I'd say where it is coming from, but there's oil everywhere right now.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:25 AM
X75THXMILTOWN
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dunl
Well, after a very long sleep, my 951 went for a run today. The cat has disappeared, so that really woke her up.

However....when I returned home, I noticed on the driver's side AeroCatch hood pin that there seemed to be oil seeping out. Fearing the worst, I lifted the hood and there it was...oil all over the inside of the hood and top of the driver's side of the engine...near the air inlet pipe.

Any suggestions on where to start looking? I'd say where it is coming from, but there's oil everywhere right now.

What oil do you use? Have you looked for intercooler piping cracks? If your turbo is blowing oil through it like mine was an intercooler crack would do it. I would pull the driverside intercooler pipe and see if there is oil in there? I feel your pain my 951 just dumped and sprayed all the oil out of the engine on the passanger side yesterday. Havn't figured out what happened yet but it was probley the lower balance shaft seal
Old 02-28-2014, 09:57 PM
X75THXMILTOWN
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Things got real busy for me for awhile! I finally got some time to check into and fix the oil problem I had. The guy I bought the car from had changed the oil right before I picked the car up and he installed a fram filter that was meant for a 944 na. The filter had backed off and dumped most of the oil out:/ I'm really glad it wasn't something worse I thought it was about to get rel expensive and time consuming but all I did was change the filter with an OEM one and put some Gtx 5w40 in. No more oil leak. Now on another note when I replaced my fuel rail I noticed that two of them had oil on them? Is this just normal blow by from the turbo? I know some people say that some oil in the intake is normal but to the injectors makes me a little uneasy. Am I looking at a possible bad air oil separator seal?
Old 03-02-2014, 01:55 AM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

well, if the turbo made that much of a mess it would have to ready to fall apart. pull the j boot and look at the compression wheel, if it sloshes around, you found it, if not keep checking but there isnt too much oil related component on the driver side besides the turbo, and the oil feed and return lines for the turbo.

Quick Reply: oil leak top driver side?