Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

The "Right" Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 01:12 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd go with Fabspeed as that's what I run for the past 10 years or so. Great build quality and sound good, not loud at all and definitely not raspy. If anything, I'd like for it to sound a little louder and more sporty. I ran a borla on a 944 way back when and thought that was a little raspy.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:12 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Grant27
I will be sure to keep the thread up to date with the project! The plan is to do a straight through 3" pipe as long as there aren't any hiccups along the way. If the noise is just too much I plan on adding a resonator.

thats why the SLP is so good. it's just a hollow chamber adding zero flow resistance

sounding ooo sooo good.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:28 PM
964-C2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by odurandina
thats why the SLP is so good. it's just a hollow chamber adding zero flow resistance

sounding ooo sooo good.
But does it reduce noise much?
(I have a 3" broadfoot system that is way to loud..)
Old 09-19-2013, 03:05 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

turbos aren't very loud to begin with, and the SLP definitely offers takes that down a few more db, but you'll definitely be on the safe side with a unit like this, then a full sized muffler at the rear with either the fabspeed or Lindsey pipe.... the quality of the Magnaflow stuff is such that you can go a long way before needing to change out the stuffing.

Attached Images   
Old 09-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Grant27
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I decided to work my way into the process a little more slowly (and cheaply) by just ordering a polished muffler and tip from magnaflow. I plan on adding that and then deciding if removing the cat is the right thing to do. I can do all the work by myself so it makes it easier to work my way into it more slowly. And I know that I won't be having big power gains due to a freer flowing system, but it more comes down to that sound!
Old 09-28-2013, 10:44 AM
dmcampbell
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I am currently using an old style Lindsey 4" system, with a TecExhaust Aero AT4040 4" muffler at the rear and a Vibrant 3.5" by 19" center resonator. I originally had the Magnaflow 4" can from Lindsey on the rear, but the packing burned out after about 10 track weekends! I tried the TecExhaust alone but it was too loud, so I added the Vibrant after seeing it at the last PRI show in Orlando. I think the sound is perfect, SS quality is very high and there is no packing to burn out - see attached pictures. Mike
Attached Images   

Last edited by dmcampbell; 10-01-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Quick Reply: The "Right" Muffler