Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

86 turbo street/track suspension

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013 | 09:02 AM
james6speed
Pro

Received 223 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by XrussianX
Thanks for all the advice. I was looking at the Koni full coilover kit front and back for $1400 but another guy said the Koni shocks won't last long and I should go with blisten. The blistens are $600 more. But if they are that good then I'll bite the bullet and go for it. I hate when I sting and buy the cheaper stuff and then wish I spent a bit more. So if I wanna do full coils and delete the torsions, what spring rates u recommend front and rear for a street semi track setup? Also if my car has sways is it worth getting bigger ones?
The only way you can do this with the Bilstein's is to look on the forums for a good used set of Coilovers front and rear. Otherwise, the Koni's would be the more economical route. I am not going to bring up the Koni vs. Bilstein issue as it has been beat to death here. Keep in mind if you delete the torsions, that's extra work/cost on your part.

If it were me, and I was doing it again. I would hang on to the $1400... Buy the KW Variant's for the 944, install w/ torsion bars and be done.
Old 12-11-2013 | 09:09 AM
jmj951
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
Ummm ok that's getting a little extreme.

450s up front with 350s+TB's out back isn't going to be THAT far off
Actually, I think it is.

I have 440#/in up front, rear is 175#/in coilover + stock t-bar, per the recommendation of Ground Control. They made that recommendation based on (extensive?) testing, not just theoretical calculations. It's always worked very well for me. Setup includes a 26.8mm sway bar up front, 19mm 5-way adjustable sway bar in the rear. I can adjust the rear sway bar to make it loose or just barely tight, so I'm almost perfectly balanced. I could probably increase the front sway bar diameter and gain a little more balance.

At the spring rate you have, you should be able to completely remove your T-bars without changing the coilover springs. Your 350# springs have a higher effective rate on the rears because the mounting point on the trailing arm is forward of the wheel.

Quick Reply: 86 turbo street/track suspension