Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Matching Custom Shift Boot & Knob

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 11:35 AM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Matching Custom Shift Boot & ****

I had Robert Budd make me a custom shift boot and **** to match my two tone themed interior he made me last year. I had forgotten about these two pieces somehow. I think it came out pretty nice, new to see it on the car though.
Attached Images  
Old 06-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Real nice! i'm thinking about getting my aluminium gear **** wrapped in leather. Only the stalk has leather and the **** is freezing in the morning. Not sure if i should go same colour at my seats (burgundy) or black like the center consol.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:30 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Cant really tell how well it will match to your interior until you have it installed. Looks nice although my first thought is how well will the stitching handles frequent shifting over time especially with the exposed stitching on either side where you would grab gears.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:21 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

He made it from the same hides I had imported from Italy, so quite sure it will be an exact match. As far as wear and tear couldn't tell you, but will hardly ever drive this car so should last forever. I have put all of zero miles for the last 12 years, Ha Ha!
Old 06-16-2013, 12:27 AM
URG8RB8
Drifting

The other interior shots I have are really bad, low resolution shots, but it is all I have. Hopefully, when it arrives at LR, I can get Mike to install and send a decent picture.
Attached Images    
Old 06-16-2013, 12:35 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice looking interior. I like the door cards and of course you can't beat the sport seats in form and function. Man, you pretty much r/r everything in the car. Hope you'll get a chance to drive it and not let it sit for the next 1o years. How about a club sport steering wheel, that would look sweet to that interior?
Old 06-16-2013, 10:38 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

There is pretty much no leaf left unturned on this car. I see that Tony was starting to complain about spending $100K on his ultra exotic race car. I am close to that on this car mainly due to labor costs an it is not even remotely as cool as Tony's.

I have been debating on the steering wheel for quite some time now. I could have the original re-wrapped by Robert which is not cheap by the way, or go with something more unique. I want to retain airbag function which is quite limiting. I have not performed much research on the subject actually. Maybe somebody can fill me in on what newer styles will fit with airbag.

Last edited by URG8RB8; 06-17-2013 at 02:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Matching Custom Shift Boot & Knob