Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

wheel - tire question

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 12:35 PM
aglaes
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default wheel - tire question

I'm ready for new tires and would like feedback on tire size for wheels I recently bought.

Have an '87 turbo, pretty much stock except for Lindsey Boost Enhancer and Authority chip.

Bought some turbo twist wheels - I think originally from a Boxster.

They are 7 x 17 with 55mm offset on the front and 9 x 17 with 55 mm offset for the rear.

This is a hobby car for street use. Not planning on tracking it. I would like to stay as close as possible to the stock diameter. I'm looking at either a 215/45 or 225/45 for the front and a 255/40 for the rear.

Anyone see anythng I need to be concerned with or have similar set-up? Pros, cons?

Also any recommendations on manufacturer, model on tires.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:23 PM
odb812
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Either size front tire will work just fine and that's the perfect size for the rear. I have 225/255 on my car now with the same wheel setup. I think you'll get a better selection in 225 and they're only a couple bucks more than the same model in 215.

As for tires, the only newer street tires I have much experience with are the Continental DW. I think they perform great for the street, they're reasonably priced, and the wear isn't bad. They say they're the fastest tire overall in the rain.

Quick Reply: wheel - tire question