Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rogue Logger/Tuner Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 10:52 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
Yep. It is basically airflow / RPM... let me finish up a couple of things and I'll post something a little more useful.
Thanks Joshua.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:44 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, I just updated the logger files:

http://www.roguetuning.com/dme_logge...r_setup__files

Now load as grams/sec is available.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:48 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Pretty nice write-up on tuning basics:

http://www.megamanual.com/begintuning.htm
Old 10-09-2013, 09:31 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

The more I use the tuner/logger the more I appreciate it. So I was running 4 80# injectors with a 160# fifth injector. Saturday I did quite a bit of hwy cruising so turned off the fifth injector and optimized fuel for better gas mileage. I left the house and had the idea, pulled into a parking lot and couple minutes later I was set.

Tonight I replaced the 160# fifth injector with an 80# fifth injector, turned up fuel pressure to 4 bar, quick calculations, made software change and tune was pretty much spot on. I am amazed how quickly I can tune the car with different setups.

Overall I am just thankful for this awesome tool! Thank You Rogue!
Old 06-25-2014, 10:40 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

So after looking at Duke's latest video, I noticed he used some software called RaceRender. Pretty neat software and the free edition is pretty cool:

http://racerender.com/RR3/Features.html

Did a bit of testing and it is a pretty useful tool with the Rogue Logger. By exporting out the Logger files to csv, you can combine with GoPro video. Here is a quick test video.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:48 PM
lincolnturns
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bringing this old thread back from the dead - I CANNOT for the life of me get the TunerPro RT software and Rogue DME Logger to connect to my laptop. New PC with Windows 10, followed Josh's instructions to a T and running AEM adx file - it flashed DA: Connected/Data Error constantly. Zero help to actually log. Has anyone has similar connection issues with a solve?
Old 06-28-2018, 09:21 PM
markl951
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You have the engine running first right?
Could be a COM port issue with your laptop?
Did you also know about these instructions? https://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Por...4-DME-LOG.html
Old 06-29-2018, 09:32 PM
lincolnturns
Intermediate

Hey Mark_
Engine is running yes. Brand new PC Laptop and gave me options for COM 1 and COM 3 initially. {COM 1} and COM 3. Based on both the LR and Rogue instructions it said choose the highest numerical value which I did. Now when I go back to tools/preferences etc to set it up there are no options so I'm guessing COM 3 is the only one viable. I'm at a loss and have started from scratch twice with the download/setup.
Old 06-30-2018, 03:55 PM
markl951
Rennlist Member

What version of TunerProRT are you using? This is what I'm running and it works.

If you just recently downloaded TunerProRT then you probably have Version: 5.00.9159. I had problems once before with a newer version so I went back to the .8944 build. Can't say that was really the issue but I've stayed with the older version because I know it worked for me. I might try the new version because it supposedly fixes issues with docking and un-docking tabs.
Old 06-30-2018, 05:43 PM
lincolnturns
Intermediate

Will try a backdate as I did just recently download the newest release. Stay tuned
Old 06-30-2018, 06:12 PM
lincolnturns
Intermediate

Nope. Tried two previous versions, fresh download and install and rechecked parameters. Same issue. Switches between DA:connected/data error constantly.
Sigh....
Old 06-30-2018, 08:24 PM
markl951
Rennlist Member

Well that's got to be frustrating for sure. I downloaded/installed the current version, v500_9159 today. It works just the same for me.

Interesting that when I tested the COM port interface using TunerProRT I got a cable not found error but it still works when I start the car and log data.

Soon as you connect your USB cable to the DME Logger box (it doesn't have to be connected to your car) the FTDI chip inside negotiates with your PC to assign a virtual COM port. You can use the Windows Device Manager to watch that happen. For my laptop, there are no COM ports assigned until I connect the DME Logger box, then COM 5 pops up. Using different USB ports on your laptop might result in different COM port assignments also. It's easy to know for sure what COM port gets assigned by watching it happen real-time with Device Manager.

You might try the latest FTDI driver which you can download here. http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/ICs/FT232R.htm under the VCP section.

The other thing you have different is your wideband O2 sensor. I'm using the MTXL adx file but that shouldn't cause a connection failure.

I've got another problem with the DME Logger but connecting to the laptop is not it so I'll start another thread so as not to hijack this discussion.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:47 PM
Wojo7
Instructor

So I’ve been using the logger for some time now and I’d like to try the tuner out. How do you go about getting the base map on to the Ostrich? Is that even necessary? It looks like the chip has to come out to plug the ribbon cable in?
Old 07-07-2018, 05:10 PM
markl951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wojo7
So I’ve been using the logger for some time now and I’d like to try the tuner out. How do you go about getting the base map on to the Ostrich? Is that even necessary? It looks like the chip has to come out to plug the ribbon cable in?
You should be able to download the base maps from here as well as the M-Tune .xdf file for TunerPro.
http://roguetuning.com/rogue_tuning_...9_setup__files

If you have the LR version of M-Tune these bin files might not be exactly what you need? If you have an EPROM programmer you should be able to copy what's in your M-Tune chip & use that as your starting point. A programmer will let you copy the chip contents and save it to a .bin file.

I've only played with tuning of the stock chip using Joshua's DIY tuner tools but I imagine it's the same or similar for M-Tune tuning. And yes, the chip board has to come out in order to plug in the Ostrich EPROM emulator.

Which M-Tune setup are you running? Post back some details if you get it working.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:44 PM
lincolnturns
Intermediate

Big news - got it to connect finally after playing with the ProTuner settings and COM port adjustments a few billion times. Not getting the realtime WB02 gauge to read yet so another hurdle but hoping to be logging here shortly.

Quick Reply: Rogue Logger/Tuner Discussion