Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rogue Logger/Tuner Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 04:19 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, been running mine for ~2 weeks now and I'm really digging it. Still working thru a possible minor data issue with Joshua but everything looks great. I also still need to get a wideband installed (I know, I know...).

So being a total newb to this software, can you guys clue me in how to review the raw data in a list (i.e. import it to excel)?

Also wondering if anyone else is running the logger with A-tune, stock injectors? I'd like to compare notes if there is...

Oh, and I'd also be very interested in being able to mark places in the log file for the same reason as Omni.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:05 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by mtnman82
Yep, been running mine for ~2 weeks now and I'm really digging it. Still working thru a possible minor data issue with Joshua but everything looks great. I also still need to get a wideband installed (I know, I know...).

So being a total newb to this software, can you guys clue me in how to review the raw data in a list (i.e. import it to excel)?

Also wondering if anyone else is running the logger with A-tune, stock injectors? I'd like to compare notes if there is...

Oh, and I'd also be very interested in being able to mark places in the log file for the same reason as Omni.
There is an "export" option. I forget where it is... it's installed on the Bootcamp section of my MacBook (and I'm using my MacBook in Mac mode to type this post) so I can't take a quick look. But it's there, I did an export to Excel on the first log. Dig around.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:56 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
There is an "export" option. I forget where it is... it's installed on the Bootcamp section of my MacBook (and I'm using my MacBook in Mac mode to type this post) so I can't take a quick look. But it's there, I did an export to Excel on the first log. Dig around.
thanks Jim - I'll play around some...
Old 04-16-2013, 01:50 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What i do with my LM-2 is when im recording, and i notice something is up, i look at the screen and it has a time it's been logging for, remember the number and i write it down asap in my notepad.

I haven't played with joshes logger but somewhere should have the amount of time it's been logging.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Zeff
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm gonna try and get mine running this weekend. I've got the logger wiring from Josh, but can anyone tell me how to wire up the Wideband? All that the website says is "*A separate WBO2 controller and sensor is required, with a 0-5volt output, which needs to be fed to the DME for logging ability."

I have the lines from my controller but where do they go?
Old 04-19-2013, 06:03 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeff
I'm gonna try and get mine running this weekend. I've got the logger wiring from Josh, but can anyone tell me how to wire up the Wideband? All that the website says is "*A separate WBO2 controller and sensor is required, with a 0-5volt output, which needs to be fed to the DME for logging ability."

What WB do you have? Does it have a linear output? WB 0-5V output goes to Pin 30 of the DME. I would email Joshua, I believe there is a setting in the logger for the type of WB output IIRC.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Zeff
Pro

I have an innovate with the lc1. I emailed josh too
Old 04-19-2013, 07:45 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zeff

I was wondering this myself... Don't have a wideband installed yet, but it's definitely going to get installed sooner rather than later.

Originally Posted by refresh951
What WB do you have? Does it have a linear output? WB 0-5V output goes to Pin 30 of the DME. I would email Joshua, I believe there is a setting in the logger for the type of WB output IIRC.
Yep, I got the same impression from Joshua (not sure if it was a setting in the logger or in the configuration file, but he needed to know which WB was being used).

No other mod's to the DME - just wire in to pin 30?
Old 04-19-2013, 07:54 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Zeff,
Email replied.

FYI - different WBO2 controllers output a different 0-5volt value for a given AFR. So, we have a few logger configuration file options for the popular WBO2 controllers.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:51 PM
Zeff
Pro

Thanks, Joshua got me the info!
Old 04-27-2013, 09:46 PM
74goldtarga
Pro

Received 124 Likes on 68 Posts

I have my tuner installed and running. It seems to work really well so far. My idle was low in general and in particular when the AC kicks in so I adjusted it and uploaded the tune and it seemed to fix the problem. I am now looking to install the logger - SUPER DUMB QUESTION - where should I run the ground wire? I just don't want to screw it up - maybe it can go with any other ground? Do I need to add a terminal to the wire to do it properly?

Also, I have a PLX wideband, do you think I will be able to just run a wire off the control box? I haven't looked at the control box yet but should this be pretty simple?
Old 04-27-2013, 10:01 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Assuming you're running Joshua's other stuff, I used the same ground (wire) I used for the MAP sensor.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:10 PM
74goldtarga
Pro

Received 124 Likes on 68 Posts

thank you, I'll take a look at that
Old 05-27-2013, 07:40 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Does some know the basic formula used by the DME to calculate load in open loop?
Old 05-27-2013, 08:23 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Originally Posted by refresh951
Does some know the basic formula used by the DME to calculate load in open loop?
Yep. It is basically airflow / RPM... let me finish up a couple of things and I'll post something a little more useful.

Quick Reply: Rogue Logger/Tuner Discussion