Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Cold morning for Cars and Coffee today

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 08:02 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold morning for Cars and Coffee today

Drove the 951 this morning as it hovered around freezing (frost on my outside cars). Typically the manual boost controller stays consistant but the first time i hit it the needle wanted to sweep past 18psi...so I backed her down a bit. The big 285's were really hunting for traction.

Still a really nice turn out at the show. I parked very close to 944s2 though never ran into the owner. There were a couple 928's that showed though most of those guys were on a Sat. morning drive.

I did get a lot of compliments on the car and they are always appreciated. I toss a little laminated 8x10 up on the dash with a few specs since most, well, just don't know.

There was a 240z with a late model turbo Supra engine in it...was rough around the edges and had huge fender flares..was perfect like that! Other top favs were a late model LS converted into a Toyota Silvia looking thing..total sleeper. A huge turnout of Caddy CTS-V's including a blue wagon with a big thumpin' cam. I saw a really clean and original AMX I sure liked. And was very impressed with the build quality on a twin turbo late model 5.0 Mustang. The twin turbo Bentley was a beauty too!

Afterwards I was heading to lunch alongside my friends STS-V (supercharged Northstar/he runs 12.90's in the quarter mile) and we went at it from a 1st gear roll. The little turbo car squirted away with from him with ease, each gear stretching it even more...all in all a fun morning.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:39 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Drove the 951 this morning as it hovered around freezing (frost on my outside cars). Typically the manual boost controller stays consistant but the first time i hit it the needle wanted to sweep past 18psi...so I backed her down a bit. The big 285's were really hunting for traction.
Sounds like a lot of fun. I always like old school cars and you are right, with wide flairs and such on older cars, they just look right at home as is, rough around the edges and all. Not many gatherings in my area but could be that I am lazy to look for them. Our P-cars really like cool, crisp mornings and the boost gauge let you know that. This is why wide tires are to help in the traction area at > 350 hp level.

Quick Reply: Cold morning for Cars and Coffee today