Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

951s enters over boost protection with manual boost control. Why?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 06:34 AM
vanosman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you have a TIAL, you know to remove the small spring so 3rd won't boost real real hard past the 20psi .
drops down below 15psi or just under stock boost in 3rd, not real loss of boost in 1,2 gear

Biggest thing you will see black unburned fumes in high rpm because turbo isn't spinning high enough with single spring, install a MBC **** $30 Ebay.

You don't have A/F ratio issue, it's a cheap little spring that is your issue
If i didn't have 3" Fabspeed with test pipe i would have just rebuilt OEM WG and shimmed it and ported head & milled it for more low end.

My friends black ported 951 also milled head with MBC, @20psi it feels like my car with K26-8 bb hybrid garret, that k26-8 cheater feels about +30 with same psi as before , therefore with ported head and cheater should feel about +60hp more, turn boost up like his ported k26-6 and you got over 300hp and 330ft lb TOKE minimum on pump 91oct.

I could have ported head, instead i got a 3" pipe and WG that had to remove a spring for overboost. With shims and bypass pass and port I would be moving faster w/o spending for Tial and Fabspeed full pipes.

I rather port & mill head to have more velocity in my intake head than more CFM big flow, it's way cheaper to port head and install a cheater & way more street friendly, with better MPG with stock inj and stock pump, also resale is actually more if you get a Pcar fast w/o adding truck full of aftermarket parts.

Last edited by vanosman; 06-03-2014 at 06:41 AM. Reason: hijacking this thread, not really

Quick Reply: 951s enters over boost protection with manual boost control. Why?