Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

What model GT3 is this?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve

I have the lap data for the event, and that GT3 driver was taking it very easy in the first run. His best for run 1 was around 1:20. Later he was doing 1:01. So I don't think he had his foot to the floor. Here's the same car at Morgan Park (skip to 7:20).

Old 02-22-2013, 07:31 PM
Dubai944
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe he was and maybe he backed off for the kink more than I did. Everyone was taking it easy around the back and over the hill for sure, it was first few laps out and damp but it sounded like he had his foot planted to take the pass by from the green car. That first lap was only a 1:10 for me and I have run 57s. Looking at your video he doesn't seem to be that much quicker than you. Next time out I should jump in your group and we can compare

To be clear, this post wasn't meant to be a pissing contest of , "look at me I beat a GT3", I was just looking for a power to weight reference to compare against. I only got two laps out of that day before driving off the track so never got to see how much quicker the car was running after the latest round of intake mods. The engine definitely felt more powerful and I was seeing a bit more boost on the logs than normal so I think the extra speed is there, I just won't know till I get the car out again.

Last edited by Dubai944; 02-22-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:08 PM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

No worries. I just looked at the times again and even with a lowly 1:03 I had the quickest time of the first run - certainly faster than all of the cup cars. Shows how differently people drive in damp conditions. You'll need to run at Morgan Park to really compare.

That 996GT3 is only slightly quicker than mine down the straight, so yours should certainly be quicker than it. The cup cars are in a different league - much much faster.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dubai944
Nice cars, but in Australia outrageous prices. I see a couple of 2000 models for sale on ebay and car sales right now at $115,000 and $94,000. Ouch! I'm guessing you don't pay that sort of money in the US!
Would it be worth it to buy a US car and import it?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:40 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Dubai944
Maybe he was and maybe he backed off for the kink more than I did. Everyone was taking it easy around the back and over the hill for sure, it was first few laps out and damp but it sounded like he had his foot planted to take the pass by from the green car. That first lap was only a 1:10 for me and I have run 57s. Looking at your video he doesn't seem to be that much quicker than you. Next time out I should jump in your group and we can compare

To be clear, this post wasn't meant to be a pissing contest of , "look at me I beat a GT3", I was just looking for a power to weight reference to compare against. I only got two laps out of that day before driving off the track so never got to see how much quicker the car was running after the latest round of intake mods. The engine definitely felt more powerful and I was seeing a bit more boost on the logs than normal so I think the extra speed is there, I just won't know till I get the car out again.
Agreed. These cars really are very good and it's such a shame they command such high $ down here. Well all foreign cars are expensive tbh. I passengered in a similar car on slicks driven by a good driver on a dry track and it was stonkingly impressive for all round ability. Of course when you are in the other seat things feel faster but it was so glued to the track and awesome under brakes. Slicks will do that to a car though. In reality as usual, these rear engine cars box above their weight when you look at the power to weight stats on paper. Oh, and your car is pretty quick in it's own right too Steve. I don't 'think' that guy was absolutely flat out but you would pass him with ease anyway. Cups...different kettle..but you won't be far off them now.

Originally Posted by Black51
Would it be worth it to buy a US car and import it?
Wish it were so. Apart from the Govt really making it hard to do that now you guys drive with the stupid wheel on the wrong side! As most of us are right handed I'd rather my strongest arm being on the wheel rather than not. Silly reason really but it's all I've got.
In terms of costs like for like, you guys in the US don't have a clue how much the rest of the world pays for cars and fuel. Have a wander through here and shudder at the prices we pay for 2nd hand Porsches and be thankful for small mercies.

http://www.carsguide.com.au/buy-a-ca...searchOffset=0
Old 02-22-2013, 11:12 PM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

You can't import any car built after 1989 into Australia UNLESS it was never sold here. The only exclusions, except of course new cars imported by registered importers, is if you "live" with the car for 1 year and import it as a personal import. This doesn't mean you can buy a car overseas, fly back, and import it a year later. You have to be living in the country for 365 days while owning the car.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:45 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Yeah...like I said...Easy!!
Old 02-23-2013, 12:10 AM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Went to the car show in Bangkok last week, the new 911 C4S was on display sitting on the turntable. It was being offered at "ONLY" 17 million Thai baht! With current exchange rates that is about $575,000.00 USD! They sold the entire years allotment on the first day of the show. Just goes to show where all the world's money is shifting.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:16 AM
Dubai944
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, Henk probably bought a couple to add to his collection of cars...
Old 02-23-2013, 02:12 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

hahaha....ahh the Henkster...love to have his 'facilities' to hand.

Quick Reply: What model GT3 is this?