Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Clutch fork problem on top of Timing Belt job

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 09:25 PM
PBartolo
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch fork problem on top of Timing Belt job

I am doing my belts and seals and while waiting for parts I remembered that my clutch was a bit spongy. So i thought as the starter was out I would bleed the clutch system.
Put my pressure bleeder on the fluid reservoir opened the bleed nipple and nothing came out. So I had an assitant hold the clutch in and repeated the above steps. Then the pedal went to the floor and would not come back up but I pulled it back up and repeated, but the pedal would just go straight to the floor even with light pressure.
So then I thought the slave cylin der had failed so I removed the slave and it seems fine. Then I felt for the clutch fork and I can wobble it in and out using the instpection hole and the hole where the slave used to be. Is this normal and should I be able to push the clutch fork with my fingers to disengage clutch? and should the clutch fork be flush against the slave hole when the slave is removed.
Not really looking forward to clutch job on top of belt and seals job! Hope it is just something silly.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:10 AM
gmsracing
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just went through this a couple of months ago. Replaced the slave, fork felt like yours, took a bit to get the slave to bleed properly, but once it did, all was well. I would just replace the slave.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:15 AM
PBartolo
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope you are right. Just saw thread saying fork can detach from throw out bearing. Will try and have a look tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Clutch fork problem on top of Timing Belt job