Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

keep it up
Old 02-14-2013, 08:31 PM
mclarenno9
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris White
Hi Steve - Nice write up.
its too late for you project but there is a nicer solution for the AOS plumbing. The side output pipe from the AOS can (where you usually clamp a hose over it) will accept a NPT AN adapter fitting - it self taps in to the plastic very nicely. Then just add a 90 degree hose end. Looks great!
That is a nice setup there Chris! Wish I had of thought of that.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:33 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Steve - Did you have any trouble fishing the down pipe up from the bottom? I am re-doing my down pipe and it is going to look pretty much like yours. Just want to make sure I can get it installed.

My down pipe hit the brake master cylinder heat shield. Hit right at the one spot it is really tight. I think my down pipe is a bit tighter because of the ATP adapter results in the turbo sitting a bit higher.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:48 PM
mclarenno9
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw the post in your thread just now...

Regarding the long downpipe, I was actually surprised I was able to fish it up into place. It requires rotating it a bit while feeding it up into place, but overall it's not too bad. Of course, a downside is it can no longer be removed from the top of the car (unless the turbo is removed... didn't try that?). And of course the "cat" section of the exhaust needs to come off... Starter helps too.

Beauty of the V-band at the turbo is you should be able to rotate it there to suffice (at least you can save that joint). By now you'll know the drill; measure twice, cut once, check fitment, cut again, tack many times, measure again, weld, check fitment, move to next joint, etc etc.

I know how you feel! I ended up reworking my downpipe once and completely throwing out my first exhaust attempt to create a whole new system!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:56 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mclarenno9
Saw the post in your thread just now...

Regarding the long downpipe, I was actually surprised I was able to fish it up into place. It requires rotating it a bit while feeding it up into place, but overall it's not too bad. Of course, a downside is it can no longer be removed from the top of the car (unless the turbo is removed... didn't try that?). And of course the "cat" section of the exhaust needs to come off... Starter helps too.

Beauty of the V-band at the turbo is you should be able to rotate it there to suffice (at least you can save that joint). By now you'll know the drill; measure twice, cut once, check fitment, cut again, tack many times, measure again, weld, check fitment, move to next joint, etc etc.

I know how you feel! I ended up reworking my downpipe once and completely throwing out my first exhaust attempt to create a whole new system!
Thanks Steve! Yes, I know the drill...
Old 03-13-2013, 12:05 AM
numbskull
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just catching up on this thread. Nice job! Lots of really great documentation & improvements, xover / wastegate conversion very nice.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:49 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 266 Likes on 153 Posts

Yet another great build to read through - many thanks for sharing!

Quick Reply: My GT30R Build