Gaining Momentum 87 k26

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013 | 07:53 PM
Slow Project 951
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gaining Momentum 87 k26

Hello All !
Today I have managed to remove my entire exhaust and turbo. After replacing all front seals, belts, rollers, water pump , oil cooler gaskets, power steering rack and pump, brake rotors , shocks and struts, fuel injectors and all vacuum lines. Sure I missed something above, I had the pleasure of driving my car for a short period of time before a no boost issue popped up.
My initial inspection of my turbo found fins intact and a collapsed down pipe "exhaust". I had the collapsed section cut out and replaced and had no improvement as I still had a no boost situation.
After scratching my head for weeks I chose to look again at the turbo and found my fins to be destroyed. I have no idea what got in there, but the blades are gone. So, now the exhaust has been removed, turbo removed as well as the power steering rack.
I plan to reseal the balance shaft housings and AOS as a while your in there thing. I will also be doing the oil pan gasket , motor mounts as well. My waist gate will most likely be replace or rebuilt as well, Suggestions are appreciated for this as well.
I am debating as to whether or not to get my heat shields redone or replaced. Suggestions ? Reassembly of all that I have removed so far seems like a daunting task. Is there anyone in the grater Houston area that may want to assist ? Tools and Beer are available.
I would also like to hear from anyone with input as to what I may have missed as a while your in there task.

Quick Reply: Gaining Momentum 87 k26