Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Canton Mecca performance Oil filter

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 05:30 PM
eman930
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Canton Mecca performance Oil filter

Any of you guys ever use this system? I have one sitting around my garage that I never installed and Wanted to hear if you guys have used them at all, Its basically a Cartridge system. Ideas?

Last edited by eman930; 03-11-2015 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:12 AM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

I have that filter setup on my 951, only difference is the lid - mine is retained by 4 allen head bolts (SAE ) and has the turbo oil feed drawn from there.

While I'm sure it is a great filter, I prefer the stock setup which is more than adequate. The Canton Racing filters are $20 a piece, available only online, and are no easier to replace than stock.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:19 AM
hddtxj297
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey
nice filter setup you are using but i have never used this kind of filters, but i hope in future if i'll use then i'll definitely give you review.
Canton MI Locksmith
Old 09-16-2013, 11:25 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That is a very high flow rate filter, but also low filtration. The two are inversely proportional. They refused to give me a true specification on filtration specs on several phone calls. The say filters down to 8 micron as anything including a screen door will do if it is near clogged. After all my research the best I could determine is that it is nominally more like 90-100 micron clean which is quite high. The flow rate is huge though, so it is kind of what you are looking for situation. The best balance of filtration versus flow rate is the new style 100% synthetic filter media filters such as the Fram Ultra or Royal Purple, etc...

I also had several people contact me using this filter that the anti drain back valve is a high failure point.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:34 AM
eman930
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by URG8RB8
That is a very high flow rate filter, but also low filtration. The two are inversely proportional. They refused to give me a true specification on filtration specs on several phone calls. The say filters down to 8 micron as anything including a screen door will do if it is near clogged. After all my research the best I could determine is that it is nominally more like 90-100 micron clean which is quite high. The flow rate is huge though, so it is kind of what you are looking for situation. The best balance of filtration versus flow rate is the new style 100% synthetic filter media filters such as the Fram Ultra or Royal Purple, etc...

I also had several people contact me using this filter that the anti drain back valve is a high failure point.

So I guess it will stay in its box LOL, unless someone wants it for $50

Quick Reply: Canton Mecca performance Oil filter