Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Finally, some nice photos of my 951.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 09:12 PM
dillon410021
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Ok, some info on the car. I got the shell from Dan (xsboost90) last fall and began a chassis swap this spring. I took my time and did things the right way the first time and the way I wanted.
Fog lights: They are the euro fog lights and I put 8000K HID's into them and wired them to a secondary fog light switch(if you see the interior photo, I have 2 switches) through a relay. These are what I use for night driving and they work just as good as the regular head lights.

Intercooler:
http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant...gory_Code=INCO
It required a lot of cutting on bumper, aluminum bumper, and header panel to get it to fit. I also had to move the wiring harness a little since it was in the way. I have had no overheating problems in the hot summer weather. I will post pictures when my account problem gets fixed.

Motor mods: well, the motor itself is mostly stock. I replaced seals and installed a pickup tube support, oil pan baffle, the LR ultra mounts were installed which lowered the motor a bit. The car has a full 3" SFR turbo-back exhaust with the wastegate dumping to atmosphere. The turbo is a SFR stage I (turbonetics 50 trim turbo). It has autothority chips and autothority MAF which are old and it will have an mtune one day. I have it tunes with a smt-6 piggyback but that only goes so far. It has the front mount intercooler, billet diverter valve, 3bar fpr, mbc, AEM eugo wideband o2 for tuning. prosport boost gauge.

body/ suspension: The car has full coilovers on all fours. The fronts are koni's with hypercoil coilovers with 400# springs. The rears are bilstein turbo cup coilovers with 700# springs and torsion bars have been deleted/ removed. With the 700# springs, the rears dont rub anymore and I can take turns very hard. This car sticks. The car has a de-powered steering rack. The interior is burgundy and black. I wasnt for it until I say one that was burgundy and wanted it. black partial leather script seats. Momo mod 7 leather steering wheel which I love.

wheels: The wheels are TR Motorsports F2 wheels. The fronts are 18x10 with 255/35/18's. The rears are 18x11.5 with 285/30/18's. They are forged wheels made by enkei for tire rack and are no longer available(though I have another set of 5 18x10's N.I.B.). The rear suspension has some negative camber so they tuck in a bit. No rubbing with the coilovers and stiff springs.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks very nice!

For the record, i'm using the same intercooler. good unit, but not to happy with the fins. seems a little on the weak side. Eventually I'll cut the core off and put in a Garrett core.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:24 AM
dillon410021
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, i figured i would give it a try sinces its cheap
Old 12-07-2012, 07:43 AM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 156 Posts

That is a fantastic car..congratulations

Quick Reply: Finally, some nice photos of my 951.