944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

1000whp 951? strength of stock engine parts

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 01:32 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

Last edited by odurandina; 11-19-2012 at 02:10 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:33 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok here we go then, yes you can make 1000WHP. Now can this thread die? Cool.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:36 AM
944J
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by refresh951
Sounds like you are talking to the wrong people. Maybe call Bob Norwood...
you responded to me, i wasn't talking to you

but that didn't stop you from flaming my post with nonsense about how you and your friend know more than a world record setting professional engine builder

it's ego's like your that makes rennlist a total waste of time, you can't get any information on it anymore, all you get are a bunch of ego's trying to sell their products by posing as an expert and putting others down who dont agree with you...

it's a common marketing technique that is used from time to time

ive been on this board since the 90's and seen guys like you come and go
Old 11-19-2012, 01:38 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Originally Posted by 944J
ive been on this board since the 90's and seen guys like you come and go
944J
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just saying.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:42 AM
944J
Banned

Originally Posted by NZ951
Ok here we go then, yes you can make 1000WHP. Now can this thread die? Cool.
ok here we go again, with your 3rd waste of time posting on my thread, just stay out if you dont know the answer.

really what do you get out of stalking my thread with numerous off-topic put downs?

its amazing that you and your gang didn't even stick to the topic once, just logged in and started to destroy my well intentioned topic with BS... read the subject, i was asking about the limits of the stock parts...

this means that i was not asking :

1) if i can or can't make X amount of HP
2) what i can or can't do
3) who I should ask a question from
4) if you think you know more than a mulit-word record holding engine building legend
5) if you think the post is some explicative
6) for you to post pictures of cats
7) for you to qualify the worth of my post

my questions are valid and you nor your gand of friends have to place qualifying their worth like you are holier than thou

if you don't know just don't respond, its simple

anymore flames are clearly blatant harassment and are in violation of the TOS of this site, thank you
Old 11-19-2012, 01:47 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

$6000 for a billet block... would be for something that is very popular and would be already drawn on the computer.

I have a machine shop.. and for me to draw up every detail of the 944 block and work out ways to make it stronger, it will take more then $6000 to even get the design on to a screen. let alone a cnc. Material isn't cheap either.
There's so many cost factors you're missing.

We don't care what bob norwood did, or has done. Doom lasten for 24 minuts.. wow!? not really. that was 14 years ago..
If any of the engine builders here had the money im sure they could build a 1000 hp 944 and make it last 24 minuts also.
What's the point of that? i don't see no point. not even bragging rights. what would you say? "my engine did 1000 hp" so where is it now? "in the bin, it lasted 24 minuts"
Old 11-19-2012, 01:47 AM
944J
Banned

944J
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just saying.

4th waste of time posting, you're doing great keep it up really contributing to this wonderful source of information that is rennlist

ive been on this board since 1997/98 i think... back when real experts used to post on here... now all you get are people who put together parts and sell you something.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:51 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Man this place has really gone down hill since Bob Norwood, did stuff Bob Norwood did. Breaking records only Bob Norwood could years ago. How much wood could Bob Norwood chuck if a Bob Norwood could chuck wood? The answer is, Bob Norwood is amazing and everyone else is not Bob Norwood. Bob, Bob Norwood.

There is that post better?
Old 11-19-2012, 01:52 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Originally Posted by Paulyy
$6000 for a billet block... would be for something that is very popular and would be already drawn on the computer.

I have a machine shop.. and for me to draw up every detail of the 944 block and work out ways to make it stronger, it will take more then $6000 to even get the design on to a screen. let alone a cnc. Material isn't cheap either.

We don't care what bob norwood did, or has done. Doom lasten for 24 minuts.. wow!? not really. that was 14 years ago..
If any of the engine builders here had the money im sure they could build a 1000 hp 944 and make it last 24 minuts also.
What's the point of that? i don't see no point. not even bragging rights. what would you say? "my engine did 1000 hp" so where is it now? "in the bin, it lasted 24 minuts"
Old 11-19-2012, 01:56 AM
944J
Banned

you're contradicting yourself...

you said that there was no info about that car yet you know how long it lasted and the condition of the motor after it was used? how do you know that it wouldnt have lasted 100 years? you don't... you have a machine shop, you are not a world class engine builder with world record times, please stop pretending to be in that class...

you're off topic again, the post is about STOCK PARTS

but since you brought it up... let me tell you are are no Bob Norwood... that just makes me laugh...

yes his $500,000 968 was made 14 years ago, think about it... that just means that he's at least 14 years better than you or I will ever be at making world record setting engines... did you even read his site? world records with ferrari's, lambos, custom drag cars, mr2's, etc. etc. and when he beat some speed records he smashed them by the likes of 100mph or more... the previous record holders couldnt believe it...

if he made the fastest 944 ever 14 years ago then just think how much more he knows now, how much more than you and me he knows

and i'm not an idiot (you must think I am so now you know I'm not), did you think i thought that anyone would provide free parts and materials for me? come on, really? I was just showing how you were wrongin your statement on how making a billet block was crazy expensive, $5995 doesn't sound too bad...

I'm just learning here but please spare me the B.S.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:58 AM
944J
Banned

Man this place has really gone down hill since Bob Norwood, did stuff Bob Norwood did. Breaking records only Bob Norwood could years ago. How much wood could Bob Norwood chuck if a Bob Norwood could chuck wood? The answer is, Bob Norwood is amazing and everyone else is not Bob Norwood. Bob, Bob Norwood.

There is that post better?
i can tell you're trying, but you're still wasting time and bandwidth and storage space AND YOU'RE STILL TROLLING MY THREAD

Old 11-19-2012, 02:00 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Bob Norwodd doesnt call the wrong number, you fools answer the wrong phone.

Ghosts sit around the camp fire telling stories about Bob Norwood.

There used to be a street called Bob Norwood, but they had to change it as no one crosses Bob Norwood and lives.

Bob Norwood can cut through a knife with hot butter
Old 11-19-2012, 02:11 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 944J
you're contradicting yourself...

you said that there was no info about that car yet you know how long it lasted and the condition of the motor after it was used? how do you know that it wouldnt have lasted 100 years? you don't... you have a machine shop, you are not a world class engine builder with world record times, please stop pretending to be in that class...

you're off topic again, the post is about STOCK PARTS

but since you brought it up... let me tell you are are no Bob Norwood... that just makes me laugh...

yes his $500,000 968 was made 14 years ago, think about it... that just means that he's at least 14 years better than you or I will ever be at making world record setting engines... did you even read his site? world records with ferrari's, lambos, custom drag cars, mr2's, etc. etc. and when he beat some speed records he smashed them by the likes of 100mph or more... the previous record holders couldnt believe it...

if he made the fastest 944 ever 14 years ago then just think how much more he knows now, how much more than you and me he knows

and i'm not an idiot (you must think I am so now you know I'm not), did you think i thought that anyone would provide free parts and materials for me? come on, really? I was just showing how you were wrongin your statement on how making a billet block was crazy expensive, $5995 doesn't sound too bad...

I'm just learning here but please spare me the B.S.
I never said theres no info on the motor. it's been posted on this forum that many times. it lated 24 minuts.

How do you know who i am or who i'm not?
How do you know i don't have more knowledge then bob norwood?
How do you know i didn't build a 2000 rwhp Aventador?
A mate of mine built the most powerful RB30ET motor ran on LPG in the world. Is he bob norwood? no. Does it make him a legend in the engine building world? no

stock rods are good for 400rwhp even 450rwhp
no one as far as i know has snapped a crank. no one has tried to break a crank so we don't know

And remember it's torque that breaks things, not horsepower.
There's different amount of torque at 10,000 rpm and 5000 rpm for the same amount of horsepower.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:15 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Bob Norwodd doesnt call the wrong number, you fools answer the wrong phone.

Ghosts sit around the camp fire telling stories about Bob Norwood.

There used to be a street called Bob Norwood, but they had to change it as no one crosses Bob Norwood and lives.

Bob Norwood can cut through a knife with hot butter
Bob Norwood won the world series of poker using pokemon cards.

Ghosts look under the bed for Bob Norwood.

Bob Norwood counted to infinity.. Twice!

Bob Norwood once kicked a horse in the chin, today they're known as giraffes
Old 11-19-2012, 02:20 AM
944J
Banned

I never said theres no info on the motor. it's been posted on this forum that many times. it lated 24 minuts.

How do you know who i am or who i'm not?
How do you know i don't have more knowledge then bob norwood?
How do you know i didn't build a 2000 rwhp Aventador?
A mate of mine built the most powerful RB30ET motor ran on LPG in the world. Is he bob norwood? no. Does it make him a legend in the engine building world? no

stock rods are good for 400rwhp even 450rwhp
no one as far as i know has snapped a crank. no one has tried to break a crank so we don't know

And remember it's torque that breaks things, not horsepower.
There's different amount of torque at 10,000 rpm and 5000 rpm for the same amount of horsepower.
good for your mate, but yes people have broken cranks on rennlist, but you've only been on here for 2 years as opposed to my 10+ years so you might not have heard about it... 944's are on there way out thats why all the tuners are out of business except for lindsay...

do you have 137 world records? did you win Can Am? Bob Norwood did, Bob Norwood probably is Chuck Norris.

Who is Bob Norwood?

BobNorwood has 137 listings in the Guinness Book of Automotive World Records. Creative thinking and technical insight have led to his many innovative developments in the areas of supercar and high-performance automotive design.

Needing a place to race, Norwood decided upon Indy. His crew finished 4th, at the Long Beach Grand Prix, was DNF at Phoenix and finished 16th at the 1985 Indy 500. Crawford drove all races.

He has successfully raced alcohol and nitro funny dragsters, raced motorcycles, raced Cam AM, raced and researched the outer limits of nitrous and oxygen as super oxidizers. The salt flats of Bonneville, Utah gave Norwood three records, two that he still owns, despite eleven years and numerous attempts to break them.
If the Chuck Norris of supercars (Bob Norwood) says the 944 can get more than 900hp then I believe him over you. Don't get your feelings hurt.

I know you didn't build anything worthwhile because of how you talk, you'd just say to a customer or yourself... can't be done, sorry just face it your engine has certain charateristics and they can't be changed, just be happy with what you have. You talk yourself out of everything before you even try it.

And based on your numbers there's no need to change stock rods because no one I've seen is getting more than 450rwhp in a 944 base.

Quick Reply: 1000whp 951? strength of stock engine parts