sellling 1989 turbo & need help with pricing

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012 | 01:34 PM
jasoncoker
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sellling 1989 turbo & need help with pricing

Hello All,

I will be selling my car and need advice on pricing it. I will not part it out and would like to sell it to someone who has a little time to get it back to its former glory. It has not been tracked, though could be a candidate for that if the buyer wishes to make a track car out of it. I do not want to sell it to someone who will just part it out. In California, it is the seller's obligation to smog a car prior to selling it. I do not have the time to get the car to pass, so the buyer will need to sign a release stating that s/he understands that I will not smog the car for them.

I would greatly appreciate if you guys could help me with coming up with a fair price for the car. If necessary, I suppose I could just put it on ebay and let the market decide.

The good:
Velvet Red 1989 turbo (turbo S spec with adjustable Konis, AOR trans with LSD and cooling loop, K26/8) 140k on engine, but rebuilt head, H2O pump, belts, etc ~20k mi ago. 968 rear hatch (stock one included), new front and rear rotors, new Hawk HP+ pads front and rear, new front wheel bearings, Weltmeister anti-sway bars (originals included), KLA strut brace and cabin filters, rebuilt T-body, new TPS, Vitesse chips, Tial wastegate, Siemens 55lb injectors, 3 bar FPR, Bursch test pipe, SFR stage 1 headers, recent paint job, newly rebuilt A-arms with aluminum bushings which will last a lifetime, 968 camber blocks, H4 lights, Accuboost MBC with ceramic ball, factory forged clubsport wheels with 18" Enkei wheels currently on the car (kinda thrashed, though), new battery. It just needs a new pump to get the water injection operable again. Paint is only a couple of years old and car is fitted with a factory Euro rear bumper with trim strips holes filled (makes the rear of the car look SOO much better). Car has multiple new seals (window scrapers, sunroof, and (I think) door seals. Good leather shift boot and steering wheel. Dash has only one very tiny (less than 3mm) crack starting at the rear corner of the passenger side airbag insert.

The bad:
I think the turbo is leaking oil, as shortly after startup, the crossover pipe smokes for a minute or two. Sunroof needs new gears installed (I have 'em), needs new wiring to the cooling fan resistors, seats have tears, body shop left too much orange peel on hood, so I told them to respray it, they used a stripper which they must not have washed off all the way, so now the hood paint is peeling (rest of the car is good) and needs to be resprayed. The exhaust stud nearest the firewall is stripped (thanks to the local Porsche shop monkeys) and will need to have a Time-sert or Helicoil installed. Tires are shot and current 18" wheels are thrashed. It takes a little cranking to start after I changed the fuel pump (maybe the anti-drainback valve is stuck?). The left side blinker blinks fast and airbag light needs to be reset.

Other things I will need to sell:
- a pair of Sparco Evos with Brey Krause brackets
- new Euro driving lenses
- GHL 3" catback stainless exhaust
- multiple new seals and rubber (sunroof, window scrapers, etc)
- full set of service manuals with the turbo supplement in the original Porsche binders, car cover, and probably more stuff that I cannot remember now.

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,
j

Quick Reply: sellling 1989 turbo & need help with pricing