Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Lindsey AOS Upgrade Mod Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 01:59 PM
KaiKai951S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did mine out of the car as well. Changed the seals while it was out as well. Its a really easy mod to do once its out of the car. Just dont forget to silicaone seal the metal plate to the plastic. Some pics:

Old 10-17-2012, 02:01 PM
KaiKai951S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, here is that url:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...e=3&permPage=1
Old 10-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Copilot
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Agh - very frustrating. You see I just finished pulling the engine a while ago - and while I had it out, I replaced all the seals on the AOS - I just opted not to do the mod then simply because I had done so much work on the engine, etc. already that I had said enough is enough (and I didn't want to have to put in a 5th order to LR in 2 months).

So on the one hand, no - I don't want to pull the turbo because it's a fresh rebuild that was just installed, and it's a pain to pull it just to accesss the AOS - but on the other hand, it sounds like I should be pulling it to do the modification... so.....
Old 10-17-2012, 02:46 PM
eman930
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

It's easy, Just think about something else you could modify "while your in there" LOL!!
Old 10-18-2012, 01:54 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

If you really want to add a catch can, why not get a recirculating one? You dont even need to remove the intake to install one really unless you want to replace the entire line with the silicone one from LR.

When you say the hose is popping off due to pressure.. are you sure you have the ISV and AOS hoses routed correctly? The ISV hose goes to the intercooler pipe, the AOS to the j-boot. Its pretty easy to reverse those and pressurize the crankcase.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:43 PM
Copilot
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, the hoses are installed correctly - the ISV goes to the intercooler pipe, and right now the AOS hose is going directly to the breather tank - the inlet on the MAF pipe where it WOULD go is plugged.

Well, I already have the LR can installed - but I suppose I can just remove the filter on top, get a hose and route it to the MAF pipe, right? That's a project for later, I suppose - but that would essentially "convert" it to a recirculating catch can?

Dummy question real quick - if I remove the turbo, does that mean I have to replace all the turbo oil seals? I JUST put new ones in (ie. like 25 miles ago just put them in) - good to just re-use them?

Quick Reply: Lindsey AOS Upgrade Mod Question