Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New long tube headers my LS swapped 951!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 02:49 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyG
Ahhh. I'm familiar with time trialing, even though I've never done it with NASA. It's called something else in other clubs. But what threw me was the "he got thrown into..." comment. It sounded like he got yanked out of one class of racing and thrown into another...

TonyG
They run the classes with "add ons" They up class you based on how many modifications has been done to the car. The more work or modifications done, the further up you get pushed.

The 944 Turbo already starts in the "D" class. "A" being the strongest. With his car, he basically modded himself up to the "A" class.

There is a Form he can fill out to prove an argument for "MAYBE" - "B" class. The problem is with the Motor swap, It's up to the local director how far up you move just based on that. SO that is where he got Thrown to "A" Probably for the motor swap alone. Which isn't too fair if he doesn't have much else, like stock suspension, done to the car.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:53 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 95ONE
They run the classes with "add ons" They up class you based on how many modifications has been done to the car. The more work or modifications done, the further up you get pushed.

The 944 Turbo already starts in the "D" class. "A" being the strongest. With his car, he basically modded himself up to the "A" class.

There is a Form he can fill out to prove an argument for "MAYBE" - "B" class. The problem is with the Motor swap, It's up to the local director how far up you move just based on that. SO that is where he got Thrown to "A" Probably for the motor swap alone. Which isn't too fair if he doesn't have much else, like stock suspension, done to the car.
Like I said... he should buy my red car w/o the engine/trans and go slap those guys around...

:-)

TonyG
Old 09-28-2012, 06:26 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by docwyte
I'll post a pic once I get them in the car. Should be next week. I'll have my S&P header setup for sale soon, along with an LS6 intake manifold and ported stock throttle body...
Hey Doc,

When you are ready to unload the ls6 intake/throttle body, shoot me a PM.

Karl
Old 09-29-2012, 12:37 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 358 Posts

Well, when you do a motor swap or add forced induction to a factory naturally aspirated car you need to send in the specs to the NASA National time trial director. The car would normally be a TTD car and the National Director put me in TTA. Honestly the car should be a TTB car. TTA has modded Evo 9's, STI's, extremely modded E36 M3's, C5 Z06's, etc.

Even though I have the power, I don't have the suspension and traction that any of those other cars have. I simply can't keep up with them, I'm nowhere close.

My plan is to petition the National Director at the end of this year to move me to TTB for next year based on all of that.

Karl, I'll have the LS6 mani and throttle body off the car this week...
Old 09-29-2012, 01:42 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Dude.... buy my Red 951, complete minus the engine/trans. You will put the smack down hard on those guys.

Just put your engine and trans in and go put the hurt down....

Complete custom valved Bilstein suspension, full spherical joints, 315 wheels/tires, 996 GT3 brakes, Boxter ABS, RH headers/dual exhaust, radiator/oil coolers, trans cooler/pump, caged, full aero, bla bla bla

This is the car you can beat those guys in all day long.... on NT01's.

TonyG

Well, when you do a motor swap or add forced induction to a factory naturally aspirated car you need to send in the specs to the NASA National time trial director. The car would normally be a TTD car and the National Director put me in TTA. Honestly the car should be a TTB car. TTA has modded Evo 9's, STI's, extremely modded E36 M3's, C5 Z06's, etc.

Even though I have the power, I don't have the suspension and traction that any of those other cars have. I simply can't keep up with them, I'm nowhere close.

My plan is to petition the National Director at the end of this year to move me to TTB for next year based on all of that.

Karl, I'll have the LS6 mani and throttle body off the car this week...
Old 09-29-2012, 11:27 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 358 Posts

Yeah, but your chassis wouldn't be a TTA car. It's too light and is running too much tire. It might be a TTU or even a TTR car. In TTU I'd have to contend with modded C6 Z06's, modded GT3's and 911 turbos etc.

Plus I drive my car to the track and having A/C here in the summertime is a must have. You deleted that from your car didn't you?
Old 09-29-2012, 01:07 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Yeah, but your chassis wouldn't be a TTA car. It's too light and is running too much tire. It might be a TTU or even a TTR car. In TTU I'd have to contend with modded C6 Z06's, modded GT3's and 911 turbos etc.

Plus I drive my car to the track and having A/C here in the summertime is a must have. You deleted that from your car didn't you?

I don't know what class you'd be in, but I beat every Z06 I've ever seen on a track, almost every GT3 (98%) I've ever seen on a track (and that's primarily what I race against now with pro level drivers). As far as 911 turbos go.... that's the wild card... but the GT3 is typically faster around the track.

Here are the car's weights at the last corner balance:

TonyG

Old 09-29-2012, 01:12 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

No a/c

No heat

Doors are guttted (side impact bars are still there) with RSR style door panels... ie., No side windows.

But it is currently registered insured and driveable on the street. All the lights work, windshield wipers work, all the factory gauges work (180mph speedo LED lighting).

TonyG
Old 08-06-2019, 10:49 PM
CyCloNe!
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Anyone know the part number on these kooks headers?
Old 08-07-2019, 04:04 PM
Its_Lobelt
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

@CyCloNe! contact Brian @Widerstandsfahig he can help you out.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:57 AM
chrenan
Three Wheelin'

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Quick Reply: New long tube headers my LS swapped 951!