I am not mature enough...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 10:12 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by racerxrick
I have never owned and/or driven a car that I have such a propensity to speed in. I don't even need anyone or any car to egg me on...I just wanna do it!

Example: last night heading home late from work, a stretch of tollroad void of traffic and never have seen a patrol car. Decided I'd stretch the legs a little, maybe 110. Part throttle lets just say it's "possible" the car shot past 135 way too quick and easy.

Never had this problem with the musclecars I've owned. Heck not even with the CTS-V's I drive as demo's. Maybe I should go back to a hard accelerating, no cornering 1/4 mile at a time car. I'm just not grown up enough for this kind of smooth speed.

Boys and their toys. And heck I just turned...
CRIPES! Any minute now you'll be running with scizzors and swimming right after you eat! You're a dmaned menace!
Old 09-14-2012, 10:48 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lee101315
I think its time for you to get a laser jammer, I recently blew by an undercover state trooper at 110 on the interstate at midnight and had a lot of explaining to do in court

Now, I love driving by police doing 10-15 mph over ( highway, I dont play in town ) and hearing "Jamming laser, please slow down"

Glad to hear youre driving these cars the way they were meant. Most of the newbies complain about not being able to get to 60 in 4 seconds like their friend's corvette...
So the jammer didn't work or the court date is what prompted the jammer purchase??
Old 09-14-2012, 11:28 AM
lee101315
Three Wheelin'

It prompted the laser purchase. After years of no tickets, I've been getting a speeding ticket per year for the last 3 years.

39 in a 25mph zone (951)
64 in a 50mph zone (boxster)
110 in a 55mph zone (boxster)

I find that if you speed on empty highways at night and know all the places were cops hide, you'll never get a ticket. But I enjoy driving on long trips on the weekends, and going to new places its impossible to know where cops are hiding.

This Laser Interceptor already saved me once, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone with a modified 951. Its $599, but attorney fees+ the ticket can easily be way more expensive.

As soon as I drop my motor back into my 951, I'll have to transfer all my anti ticket technology from the boxster
Old 09-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Crackership
Rennlist Member

This is precisely why I've always called the 951 a "Hooligan Car". Drive it, and you are just filled with the need to hoon about.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:17 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

then there is "instant on" ka band...a radar deytector will sound off to let you know "you are about to be pulled over".

It prompted the laser purchase. After years of no tickets, I've been getting a speeding ticket per year for the last 3 years.

39 in a 25mph zone (951)

I find that if you speed on empty highways at night and know all the places were cops hide, you'll never get a ticket. But I enjoy driving on long trips on the weekends, and going to new places its impossible to know where cops are hiding.

This Laser Interceptor already saved me once, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone with a modified 951. Its $599, but attorney fees+ the ticket can easily be way more expensive.

As soon as I drop my motor back into my 951, I'll have to transfer all my anti ticket technology from the boxster
Old 09-14-2012, 02:25 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

39 in a 25mph zone (951)

What device are you running?
Old 09-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I love driving by police doing 10-15 mph over ( highway, I dont play in town )
Heh, this is one of my personal joys as well. Everyone on the highway will pile up behind the cops, I'll work my way through and be on my way, usually 5-10mph over the speed limit.

My one "holy crap did that just happen?" story is driving back from Jacksonville when I picked up my Broadfoot exhaust (yes, it fits in a C5 corvette, if you remove the passenger seat ) I came up on a pack of slow moving traffic. I get my chance to blow by them in the right lane, plus I'm getting low on fuel and need to fill up. 3rd gear, nail the throttle and run out the gear (~100mph), pass everyone, then look the side mirror and see two cops in the left lane. I slowed down closer to the speed limit and got off at the next exit to get gas, the cops follow. I'm thinking "crap, they're going to pull me over now." Get to the T intersection at the end of the off ramp, I go left, they go right. I look over and the cop is giving me a thumbs up.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:30 PM
lee101315
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ehall
What device are you running?
http://www.laser-interceptorusa.com/

Im using this one, and im happy with it so far.

As for the instant on KA radar band, highway enforcement mostly use lasers these days. I wouldnt worry about those too much.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:33 PM
lee101315
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Scott H
Heh, this is one of my personal joys as well. Everyone on the highway will pile up behind the cops, I'll work my way through and be on my way, usually 5-10mph over the speed limit.

My one "holy crap did that just happen?" story is driving back from Jacksonville when I picked up my Broadfoot exhaust (yes, it fits in a C5 corvette, if you remove the passenger seat ) I came up on a pack of slow moving traffic. I get my chance to blow by them in the right lane, plus I'm getting low on fuel and need to fill up. 3rd gear, nail the throttle and run out the gear (~100mph), pass everyone, then look the side mirror and see two cops in the left lane. I slowed down closer to the speed limit and got off at the next exit to get gas, the cops follow. I'm thinking "crap, they're going to pull me over now." Get to the T intersection at the end of the off ramp, I go left, they go right. I look over and the cop is giving me a thumbs up.
You're extremely lucky, I wish I had your luck a few months ago when I got nailed for double the speed limit
Old 09-14-2012, 03:40 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

I'm pretty sure I used up all my "get out of jail free" cards when I was younger and still into sport bikes. Waaaaay too many "pull a wheelie... oh **** was that a cop I just passed?" moments where I somehow got let off. Sadly I hardly speed anymore. The last time I nailed it on an empty stretch of highway it was to catch up to a 997 S that was ahead of me... and got busted. I got lucky in that the cop was willing to "adjust" the ticket so that it wasn't a felony at least.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:53 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Scott H

HAHA!! Don't you know that it is now illegal to pull anyone running down the Florida International Raceway, between Jax and Orlando? Hell, it's illegal to fix a flat tire on I95 at anything less than 55 mph!
Old 09-14-2012, 03:56 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks Lee.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:13 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

As for the instant on KA radar band, highway enforcement mostly use lasers these days. I wouldnt worry about those too much.
hmm...tell that to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol that lit up V1 with instant on. Was with my son in his C5 Vette and would normally slow up with approaching traffic that I can't identify. Well...I didn't and the speed tax was $361

Around here I see plenty of stationary and rolling instant on Ka band
Old 09-14-2012, 05:20 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

39 in a 25mph zone (951)

Lol, only in America that you can legally jam the laser speed guns of the cops. Next they'll get laser jammer jammers!
Old 09-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Lol, only in America that you can legally jam the laser speed guns of the cops. Next they'll get laser jammer jammers!
In states where Radar Detectors are illegal the law enforcement can use Radar Detector-Detectors. They mostly will catch the $30 Cobra brand ones you get from Wal-Mart, I don't think they will pick up a quality unit like a V1.

I think laser jammers are able to slip by current laws in the country just because there is no official federal organization to govern the use of light/lasers. We have the FCC for airwaves/RADAR, but they have no jurisdiction over light.

Quick Reply: I am not mature enough...