Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive
View Poll Results: Can a 380whp 951 beat a Ford GT?
Yes
41.67%
No
58.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

mudbuddha $250 challenge

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 03:24 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Just to keep the mud slinging going -
With all the tech talk on here, I thought to spice things up and tell a story for entertainment purposes to break up the doldrums a little bit. I think I did a great job if nothing else, to provide a few chuckles and laughs. However, there is some truth to my story and it only became mud-slinging when ignorant comments are made on here without taking into consideration of a few simple, and at times proven facts.

So based on the vid posted, i would also agree that all Ford GT drivers are bad drivers and a stock Mustang can beat the any Ford GT and a stock 951 can beat it too because the Ford GT can't drive for jack.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:26 PM
lee101315
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But the real question is

How does a street race prove which car is faster?!?!

For a proper race, both cars have to line up at a timed event and be driven 100%. Honestly, Ive beaten cars ( not always in my 'legendary' 951 ) that were faster on paper in street races. Does that mean my machine is faster than his?

No, it means I drove my car faster than he did his.

If it was from a roll, I was in the right gear and he wasnt

If it was from a dig, I launched it harder and redlined all of my gears, but he didnt

Maybe I pushed my car harder than he did, but who knows.

I always speed for pleasure. If I find someone in another car who wants to go at it, the roads are clear (empty interstate), we do it.

Win or lose, its all in good fun. I dont go bragging about it, because I have a big pee pee and dont need to brag.

Last edited by lee101315; 09-08-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

Would it count if I go out and run a 15 second quarter mile at 130mph?
Old 09-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
People use their cars how they see fit. You may not like drag racing, but there are a lot of people who do.
True, but if I see somebody trying to pound in a nail with a screwdriver I will offer up my opinion that it’s the wrong tool for the job. I didn’t say that I did not like drag racing, I find it very interesting and it has some unique technical challenges for which a 944 turbo is not well suited.

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
A race track is a great equalizer. No traffic bull**** no street crap. It's a chance for him to really run his car, he declined.
Well, not really. Clearly the Ford GT is much better suited to a drag race track. Bigger engine, supercharged instead of turbocharged….in this case the DRAG race track is not an equalizer, it’s a distinct advantage for the Ford GT. Again – the 944 was never intended to drag race – Drag racing in Europe is almost nonexistent compared to the US.
Road race track – that might be a much better ‘equalizer’. You know, right tool for the right job kind of thing. But if that scares you I can understand. Its not for everybody, it requires learning some new skills and actually finding out what your car (whatever it is) is really capable of.

If you remember I did make an offer to do a road course comparison many pages ago, while it may have seemed sarcastic at the time I would be happy to make it happen. You bring a stock Ford GT and I’ll bring a 944 (with a 944 block in it!) and we can have some fun. If you really need $250 as an incentive then sure, I can offer that too – but I think that it would be worth more than $250 for BOTH of us to have some fun at a road course track.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

I’ll let you in on my most favorite way to win a street race (‘cause its that important to get a ‘kill’)

I wait until the other guy has gotten into the right hand turn lane (or exit ramp) and then I pull on alongside and give them the signal and jump on it. Get’s ‘em every time. I am the KING of street racing!

Hell, I am so good that I have dusted 911GT3’s with the F150 while towing a car trailer – I AM that good.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:48 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

But the real question is

How does a street race prove which car is faster?!?!ones
True. I didn't say I'd win outright, or he can win out right because we didn't race- just a run, I was following him- albeit closer that he'd have liked or expect. But I couldn't even say that it's a tie because folks with one-tracked mind already made a determination that no way in hell that a 951 with a very close power to weight ratio can have any chance at running with a Ford GT under any conditions.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:19 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2013 Ford GT 500. 662hp. Traps........126.

So the GT John was referring with 130-135 traps were sitting on 700 hp.

They must have magic GTs. Kind of like Gump's magic legs. Made him stupid fast. Lol

Old 09-08-2012, 06:27 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Chris White
I’ll let you in on my most favorite way to win a street race (‘cause its that important to get a ‘kill’)

I wait until the other guy has gotten into the right hand turn lane (or exit ramp) and then I pull on alongside and give them the signal and jump on it. Get’s ‘em every time. I am the KING of street racing!

Hell, I am so good that I have dusted 911GT3’s with the F150 while towing a car trailer – I AM that good.

Dude you are Evil freakin Kenievel! You are Kreskin on a tow tractor! Don't be bashful! Tell em what's up!
Old 09-08-2012, 06:28 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Chris White
True, but if I see somebody trying to pound in a nail with a screwdriver I will offer up my opinion that it’s the wrong tool for the job. I didn’t say that I did not like drag racing, I find it very interesting and it has some unique technical challenges for which a 944 turbo is not well suited.

Well, not really. Clearly the Ford GT is much better suited to a drag race track. Bigger engine, supercharged instead of turbocharged….in this case the DRAG race track is not an equalizer, it’s a distinct advantage for the Ford GT. Again – the 944 was never intended to drag race – Drag racing in Europe is almost nonexistent compared to the US.
Road race track – that might be a much better ‘equalizer’. You know, right tool for the right job kind of thing. But if that scares you I can understand. Its not for everybody, it requires learning some new skills and actually finding out what your car (whatever it is) is really capable of.

If you remember I did make an offer to do a road course comparison many pages ago, while it may have seemed sarcastic at the time I would be happy to make it happen. You bring a stock Ford GT and I’ll bring a 944 (with a 944 block in it!) and we can have some fun. If you really need $250 as an incentive then sure, I can offer that too – but I think that it would be worth more than $250 for BOTH of us to have some fun at a road course track.
Attached Images   
Old 09-08-2012, 06:39 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Which one is John and which is Reno?
Old 09-08-2012, 06:41 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Who says either of them are? I think one is Chris! cause he's all ghetto n sh$t.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:10 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

oh no you didn't!
Attached Images  
Old 09-08-2012, 07:22 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by racerxrick
oh no you didn't!
Attached Images  
Old 09-08-2012, 07:50 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ehall
gawd I LOL'd for real on that one!
Attached Images  
Old 09-08-2012, 08:05 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
Would it count if I go out and run a 15 second quarter mile at 130mph?
Could be worse...

Is 13s @ 128 close enough...

Quick Reply: mudbuddha $250 challenge