Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Best New Wideband O2 Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 08:42 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I will read up on the Zietronics sounding like everyone is very happy with this unit.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:53 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jumping on the Zeitronix band wagon also. Echo what everyone has said lots of options avaliable. I have had only one minor issue with the round multi gauge and it was the user! Fired up the car after 3 years and some prep work and thought my idle AFR was out of wack took a closer look at the multi function gauge and saw it was set to read some input other than AFR, hit AFR and 14.7 shows up.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:40 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by reno808
Zeitronix I love it i pretty much have a every option available from them. My only issue is that I cannot get the same read out display from zitronix to the Link standalone.
What is it you can't do? You should be able to send the wideband signal to the link via the 0-5v output, and all of the other signals (rpm, map, tps, etc.) should be available on the Link already. Or am I missing your point?
Old 07-27-2012, 04:18 AM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulyy
what error is that?

i updated mine and my sensor wasn't reading properly at all. then i changed the reading to lambada then back to stoich and it went normal again.
Sensor failure. It works for about 5-10 mins then reads extremely rich and then gets the E8 error.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:47 AM
URG8RB8
Drifting

OK, read up on the Zeitronix package and looks very nice. I like the LCD display as well, but concerned where to mount it. The round multigauge will mount nicely under the radio. My only question is the price, appears to be twice the price of the PLX unit. $400 versus $200, any reason why the price is double? Is it that much better, or easier to work with?

Zt-2 + ZR-1 AFR and Lambda Gauge Display Bundle
In this kit the Zt-2 Model 2010 Wideband is bundled with the ZR-1 Gauge. The ZR-1 Gauge displays Air/Fuel ratio or Lambda values and has a peak and hold feature. High contrast LEDs are visible even in a direct sunlight.

Includes the Zt-2 Model 2010 Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio Meter, Wideband Oxygen Sensor, Sensor Harness, Signal Harness, PC Serial Cable, Datalogging Software, Installation Instructions and 2-Pin EGT Connector to retrofit your EGT probe. Data splitter included for simultaneous display and datalogging use. Made in the USA.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:17 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by URG8RB8
OK, read up on the Zeitronix package and looks very nice. I like the LCD display as well, but concerned where to mount it.
Is why i didn't buy it. didn't know where to mount it.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:28 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
What is it you can't do? You should be able to send the wideband signal to the link via the 0-5v output, and all of the other signals (rpm, map, tps, etc.) should be available on the Link already. Or am I missing your point?
The wideband is wired to the Link. Lets say the Zeitronix is reading 12.6 the Link would read 13. The parameters that Zeitronix supplies is on the Link correctly. I can offset it but i dont know if that is wise. The only thing is to make sure the Link and the Zeitronix share the same ground so it can see the same voltage.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:19 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

I am not sure if it is worth double the price of the PLX kit, but I bought it based on the opinions here. I bought this kit at $413.00 shipped directly from the Zeitronix site.

Zt-2 + ZR-2 Multi-Gauge Display Bundle
In this kit the Zt-2 Model 2010 Wideband is bundled with the amazing ZR-2 Multi-Gauge. The ZR-2 Multi-Gauge displays Air/Fuel ratio or Lambda values, Boost/Vacuum, Exhaust Gas Temperature, and data from the configurable 'User2' input. The ZR-2 Multi-Gauge has a peak and hold feature. High contrast LEDs are visible even in a direct sunlight.

Includes the Zt-2 Model 2010 Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio Meter, Wideband Oxygen Sensor, 10ft* Sensor Harness, Signal Harness, PC Serial Cable, Datalogging Software, Installation Instructions and 2-Pin EGT Connector to retrofit your EGT probe. Data splitter included for simultaneous display and datalogging use. Made in the USA.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:56 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by URG8RB8
I am not sure if it is worth double the price of the PLX kit, but I bought it based on the opinions here. I bought this kit at $413.00 shipped directly from the Zeitronix site.

Zt-2 + ZR-2 Multi-Gauge Display Bundle
In this kit the Zt-2 Model 2010 Wideband is bundled with the amazing ZR-2 Multi-Gauge. The ZR-2 Multi-Gauge displays Air/Fuel ratio or Lambda values, Boost/Vacuum, Exhaust Gas Temperature, and data from the configurable 'User2' input. The ZR-2 Multi-Gauge has a peak and hold feature. High contrast LEDs are visible even in a direct sunlight.

Includes the Zt-2 Model 2010 Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio Meter, Wideband Oxygen Sensor, 10ft* Sensor Harness, Signal Harness, PC Serial Cable, Datalogging Software, Installation Instructions and 2-Pin EGT Connector to retrofit your EGT probe. Data splitter included for simultaneous display and datalogging use. Made in the USA.
You have done good
Old 08-22-2012, 01:17 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

The last four words sold it for me! Not made in China!
Old 08-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice buy. Zeitronix or Innovate are the only two companies I trust for WBO2s. I went with the Innovate only because I liked the programmable gauge, otherwise I would have gotten the Zeitronix. The additional logging parameters are great for the price point. To capture that data with the Innovate you have to buy an additional box.

Quick Reply: Best New Wideband O2 Kit