Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Car Idle Issue, Dies

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

Sounds like a wideband with data logging, like zeitronix, would be a good investment. The prices have come way down over the years, so not that bad. Just from the syptoms, the problem could be lots of things, so real-time data would be very helpful. It will also help you know if you motor is dangerously lean, or pig rich, etc. You're shooting in the dark a bit until you know. It could be MAF placement or the like, but don't overlook the more basic things too. I've seen two cars that had similar problems that were hard to find -- one turned out to be a bad injector (which only malfunctioned occassionally, such that witch-hunter tested it and said was fine even though it wasn't) and the other turned out to be a bad connection in the injector harness. Try wiggling the injector harness to see if anything happens when it's running.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:06 AM
CyCloNe!
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Good idea Tom, I won't be able to get a wideband for a little while too many bills and need to move the MAF first but I'm gonn go ahead and get one within the next 2 weeks. I have a narrowband I might install just so I have a better (still rough) idea and lay off boost to be save until I can get the wideband and narrow out some possiblities.

Quick Reply: Car Idle Issue, Dies